Chapter XV

Let it pour

You don't have to worry,

You don't have to overthink.

Ignore the doubt,

Ignore the negativity.

Take this leap,

With a little faith,

The storm will pass,

Blowing away the hate.

°°°°

Her ears fell deaf to her mother's scoldings as she climbed up the attic. Her sister gave her a sympathetic look before returning to binge on a new drama.

Sighing heavily, she opened her notes to study while her mother kept on yelling about how ungrateful everyone was. How nobody can do one thing right in the house. About how she had to do everything on her own.

It felt like any other day in the house. Her brother was also getting good at ignoring their mother's rant.

Ditching the notes, soon she had her phone in her hands, going through the question bank mailed to her. Then she read the scanned copy of some notes and the e-copy of a reference book.

Boredom consumed her and then she was checking her social media for any updates as her attention slowly drifted towards her mother's voice.

Anger started bubbling in her chest as her mother's monologue reached her.

For goodness sake I'm about to graduate and all wants me to do is the chores. Should I try to get some part of my syllabus completed or give her a hand which can be done by my sister...

She nudges her sister, "Go help her. I have started studying for tomorrow's paper."

Looking between the phone and her, "Sure. It looks like you're studying a lot." Her sister snorted dismissively and continued with her binge.

She felt a pang of something assault her mind, it could've been guilt, hurt or betrayal but she ignored it and closed the book in front of her, threw her phone to a side and silently went to do the chore.

It's not like I going to study much anyway...

~~~

Why do I even try?

She slumped on the floor after doing the dishes.

I can study by waking up early.

I'm going to sleep.

Her stomach gurgled reminding her that she didn't eat.

I want to eat.

Hopefully I can at least skim through the syllabus once tomorrow morning.

My head is aching.

She got up and plopped on the mattress. Kicking the bag lying on the side, open with a bunch of papers almost falling out, she turned off the light and switched on the table fan and laid down.

Turn out fine.

She just hoped that her friend would as usual give her a quick run through the topics tomorrow before the exam.

A/N: How do you guys prepare for your exams? Do you need to start preparing well ahead the exams or are you among the ones who stay up all night?

Share your method to prep for the exam.

I pretty much start studying few hours before the exams which is pretty bad... Who am I kidding, its a disaster but I don't find it in myself to prepare properly.

I'm trying to fix this bad habit and I hope this happens before I graduate.

Ps. The protagonist is a mess. Don't follow her steps to study.

Please don't be a silent reader and share your thoughts. I'll be grateful if I can get some feedbacks.

Please don't forget to vote!