Chapter XXVIII

"No! Really?! You must be kidding. Tell me you're kidding." She laughed trying to figure out if he was telling her the truth or was just lying to make her laugh.

He smiled at her before answering, "No it happened alright. Then hyung and I spent the evening trying to clear up the mess after apologising."

She burst out laughing again and he kept looking at her in adoration.

After the initial awkwardness and the hesitations, Namjoon was surprised when she took the step to smooth things out between them by officially introducing herself.

He did the same but with some pizazz that made her laugh. They played twenty questions to know about each other and Namjoon was again surprised to find out that she was not a teenager as he initially assumed.

She was five years younger than him and was about to graduate. She wants to become a wildlife activist but her parents doesn't want her to pursue that career. So she is worried about the acceptance she got from the University she had applied for behind her mother's back.

"You see me and my friend always sit on the front bench, OK? Because I kind of don't pay attention to the class if I sit at the back. And I have this bad habit of commenting on most of the things. So one day as the professor was teaching, he said a common phrase about, 'Jack of all trades, master of none.' And me sitting on the first bench whispered the actual whole phrase to my friend and stupidly got caught. So long story short, the professor made me tell the whole class what I was whispering about and that's how he realized that he underestimated me because I knew the whole phrase."

Namjoon just fondly gazed at her as she animatedly kept on telling about the incident with a huge smile on her face and full of pride. He had a small smile ghosting his lips as he looked at her.

She's so full of life. I really wish she never loses this smile.