Chapter XXIII

*Pak!

"Who said that you had a say in this?!" The senior roared as she raised her hand again to deliver the blow.

*Pak!

Namjoon helplessly froze like his mate. She stood there, taking the hit with her eyes widened with fear and throat choked up with a lump of muted cries.

Why isn't anyone stepping in to stop her?!

Run away!

Of course no one will interfere... She's our senior.

Namjoon was baffled with the scene of power abuse. He can see the other students trying not to look at the scene.

"You stupid little piece of shit! You had to ruin it!" With a rough shove that made his mate fall on her butt, the senior walked away with a scoff.

It's going to be alright.

Namjoon felt her hot tears running down her face with her vulnerability on display. She didn't move. She didn't care that everyone would see her cry.

With her head hung in defeat he heard her yearning for her friend.

Farida's in the canteen for her kitchen duty.

You can't let her know.

I wish she was here...

"Are you alright? Saranya?" A student came closer, "Saranya... Don't cry!" The girl squeaked in panic. "Look at me! Cheer up baby! Cheer up baby!"

That's how you pronounce the name... Namjoon thought bittersweetly as he heard the student call out his mate's name.

Saranya...

He can feel her suppress and throw the emotional baggage away in the farthest corner of her mind and smile at her classmate.

So much for begging in front of my mom...

He heard her as she wiped her tears unwillingly but genuinely appreciate her classmate trying to distract her.

That's when he realised that after trying to convince her mother and have her talk to the professors, Saranya's efforts brought her to be bullied.

•••

"Where have you two been? Cooped up in the studio to avoid this situation isn't going to help." Jin said as soon as Yoongi and Namjoon walked in through the door.

Namjoon felt his stomach churn as he knew what was going to unfold.

She can feel his uneasiness too.

Yoongi heaved a defeated sigh, "We were not trying to avoid, hyung. We- it's just that we-"

"We were stalling, hyung... We we're trying to push it further as much as we could." Namjoon interrupts, trying to explain.

"We all are stalling to be honest..." Hoseok says as he notices everyone's nervous looks. "We need to come to a decision."

"This is getting difficult hyung... I don't want- but I don't want us to end... I don't want to stop." Taehyung said as he suppressed his tears from flowing and his voice from cracking. "We were together for so long..." He didn't finish as he couldn't bear to end the sentence without bursting out in cries.

"Yes we've been like a family. We are more than a family..." Jungkook whispered which almost went unheard due to the softness of his voice.

"What will happen to ARMYs if we stop?" Jin suddenly adds in.

"They've been with us. They trust us, don't they." Jimin chips in, feeling a bit emotional.

I shouldn't give up now! I owe myself that much.... I can do this!

He heard her thoughts. He really hoped that he'd know what she was going through because she was a lot stronger than she let on.

She felt his emotions. She didn't like how her thoughts have been plaguing his mind.

Atleast my thoughts weren't negative during these times. She thought gratefully as a resolve solidified in Namjoon's mind.

In the heavy silence, "We should trust ourselves too. We can do this. For them... For us." Namjoon says looking at each member hopefully.