Chapter IV

Be here

Can you hear my plea,

Can you lend me a hand,

Just wait for me,

Cause you're all I need.

•••

I don't mean to be a problem... She cried silently. She understood why her mom was yelling at her for. She understood why she always got the short end of the stick.

Despite being the older child, she acted like a toddler. She competes with her younger brother for attention, like competing with her sister wasn't enough.

I deserve this... Her mind was shutting down as she blamed herself for her broken family. She blamed herself for the biased treatment she faced.

No matter how well she performed and how good she did, it wasn't enough.

She shouldn't waste their time. They'll be happy if she just left. Who would want her?

Who would be able to love a slob such as herself when she couldn't even have her family's love? The people who are supposed to love her unconditionally, despise her.

She didn't deserve to be happy...

She saw the fresh new blades resting in the box she brought for her botany practicals, lying in her drawer.

At least she'll be able to do something she deserved...

~~~

"Shit!" Namjoon cursed as he clutched his head as pain seared through his skull. Her thoughts were running rampant in his mind.

He can hear her self-degrading words. Words of how useless she felt.

This time things were different. She was affecting him drastically.

Luckily, he was in his room. He went over his bedside table and took out his airpods.

Blasting some soothing music, he sat on his bed and started chanting some comforting words.

It's the only thing he could do.

"You're not a bother... You're important... Don't let a bump make you question yourself." Namjoon muttered softly as these words kept floating in his mind.

You can love yourself. You don't have to rely on anyone...

He can feel the guilt as he uttered those empty words. He needed to find the root of her cause to truly understand

Despite being able to share the love around the world through music, he felt useless that he couldn't help her.