Chapter 21

Hey guys! This isn't the best chapter in my opinion, sorry!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 21

        "I don't think this trip is a good idea." Tate grumbled from the living room as Luce did some last minute packing.

        "Oh shut up, and finish." She snapped at him before sitting on her suitcase to get it to close. I stifled a giggle. Thanksgiving break was next week and Luce and Tate had taken a week off early to leave for some cruise to Alaska. I was happy for them, but Tate was making it difficult to tell them good bye, and not because I would miss him.

         "Rose still hasn't fully recovered and I don't think leaving her here alone for two weeks is a good idea-"

         "God Tate! Give it a break! Rose is fine and you know that. You just don't want that Rex kid coming around when you're not here to puppy dog guard her!" She finally yelled at him, and even though he was my best friend and all, I didn't stop the satisfied smile that lit my lips.

         I loved Tate, I really did, but he was really starting to annoy me. He's been basically glued to my side when I'm not at school and he texts me non-stop when I am at school. It's like he has to prove to Rex he can't have me all the time or something, and it's really starting to "piss" Rex off... at least that's what he says.

         I honestly couldn't wait for them to go on this trip, I needed the break... but dad had left on another business trip two days ago and I was going to be alone for two weeks straight. I knew Rex would spend a few nights over here if I asked him to, but I wasn't going to ask him to spend the whole two weeks with me. I didn't want him to waste his time off of school at my house with pathetic me. That's just selfish... I just really don't like being alone.

         I heard Tate let out a dramatic sigh from my perch on the stairs before he zipped up his suitcase in defeat. "We're leaving Rose." Luce finally said five minutes later. I stood up and bounced down the stairs as her and Tate lugged their bags to the door.

         "Bye guys! Have fun!" I wrapped my arms tightly around my sister's neck and planted a big, sloppy kiss on her cheek.

         "Too much, Rosalyn Maria, too much." She grumbled when I had finally let go and she wiped her cheek off. I gave her a big smile in response.

        "Where's my kiss baby doll?" Tate pouted down at me and I rolled my eyes before wrapping my arms around his neck and giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

         "We'll be back in two weeks, Rose. You know the rules. No parties, no drinking, no drugs-"

         "No sleepovers, and no boys." Tate cut Luce off halfway through her list of rules and I watched in amusement as she glared up at him before slapping the back of his head.

         "Shut up, you loser. Rex can come over if he wants. I trust Rose, just not a lot of boys alright?" She raised her eyebrow at me and nodded. "Besides, my first rules were all jokes." Tate rolled his eyes and glared down at his girlfriend as I held in my laughter.

         "Alright we're off. Love you Rose, stay out of trouble while were gone. I'll check up on you when I can." Luce waved as she pulled an angry Tate from the house and I blew her a kiss.