Chapter 3

Please vote, comment, follow!

Updated/Edited: Let me know if you still see some mistakes!

-&-

Chapter 3

       "Rose! Oh-h-h Princes-s-s-s Rose!" Trey's rather loud voice sang from across the parking lot, a giant smile plastered on his handsome face as he waved over at me just like in the cafeteria. This boy just doesn't quit.

       I ended up not calling Tate to come get me like I originally wanted, the hope that mine and Rex's conversation gave me was enough to suck up my problems for the rest of the school day. It's not like I wanted him to develop a crush on me, like the major one I had on him. I wasn't stupid enough to think he could ever like someone like me in that sense, but just the thought of actually being friends with him put a giant smile on my face.

       I still doubled checked to make sure he wasn't hanging around though before I walked towards Trey and the others. It's not that I didn't want to see him, because believe me, I would stare at that boy all day long if I could. I just knew he still wasn't comfortable around me, and I didn't want to take him out of his comfort zone any more than I already did.

        "Hey." I smiled sheepishly as I stopped a few feet away from them, my eyes avoiding any of theirs. They just made me feel so... small, despite what I kept telling Brett. I watched from under my eyelashes as a big, cheesy smile broke across Trey's face.

       "You headed home Princess?" I nodded and tilted my head suspiciously as his smile grew. "Mind if we walk with you?" He gestured to Brett and Denton who both gave me a small nod, but Denton was the only one who shot me a cute little smile with that sneaky fire lighting his eyes.

       "Oh... Um, what about Rex?"

       Trey's smile dropped slightly as those bright green eyes everyone drooled over scanned my face, like he was searching for something that he wasn't quite sure was there. My eyes dropped to our feet again.

       "What about him? He's not here, and I'm pretty sure we don't need his permission to walk you home." Denton chuckled, energy pouring off him in waves as he walked in circles around us. I guess that's why everyone always referred to him as the energizer bunny...

       I was about to open my mouth to say 'no, it's okay', when a flash of light brown hair caught my attention. I froze as the person who would no doubt be haunting my nightmares tonight, made a point of staring directly over at me. My blood ran cold. "Uh, yeah. Sure, why not?" I hurried out, and didn't hide my desperation as I latched onto Trey's arm. He didn't stop me from pulling him away from the horrible boy with a deadly expression in his icy blue eyes.

       "Whoa, slow down Princess. You're gonna make me trip!" Trey laughed as he wrapped his tree trunk-like arm around my waist, that searching expression from before no longer swimming in his eyes. He picked me off the ground in one swift, effortless motion that left me breathless. I couldn't speak as he raised me until I was eye level with him.

       This was so odd.

       "What's the hurry Princess Rose?" He asked with a quizzical eyebrow raised, a soft gleam dancing around his bright eyes. I glanced back at Jason, and then Trey, and then Jason again, like that would get my message across. Trey followed my eyes until they landed on the furious, broken nosed, Jason who had stopped walking towards me when he saw the mountain that was Trey lift me into the air. He did nothing to hide the furious glimmer in his eyes.

       Trey's eyes locked with the one's sending us the darkest death glare that I've seen in a while, and his arm tightened around me before he lifted me higher off the ground. I watched with slightly wide eyes as his jaw clenched and his gaze narrowed at the arrogant football player in clear warning.