Chapter 24

Hey guys!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays :D

Sorry for the grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 24

"Trey, seriously, I'm fine here. Will you please explain that to him?" I was begging the boy built like a brick wall who was loading one of the three suitcases that was packed for me into the back of his SUV.

He let out a heavy sigh as he slid the second suitcase into the trunk. "You know anything I tell him won't reach his brain. Sorry, princess." He ruffled my hair like I was ten and shot me a wink as Brett brought out the last suit case and Denton walked behind him with my pillow.

"Two weeks, Trey, they're going to be gone for two weeks. You know he's going to get irritated of me by then." I spoke quietly so the Dimajios wouldn't hear. Trey knew more than he should about my feelings for Rex and I didn't want the others to know them as well.

"That's not true. You know that's not true." His voice went stern and his tone held that 'don't even think about it' edge to it, so I dropped my eyes to the ground and let the subject go.

Maybe I did know that's not true, for now at least. But that didn't mean there wasn't the possibility of it happening. Rex was TNT with the wick always lit. You had to walk on tip toes around him, no matter how much I cared about him. Besides, his apartment felt like home, and that was dangerous.

"Where is he anyway?" I mumbled to the ground and kicked a pebble away as Brett loaded the last suit case. Seriously, who needs three suitcases for two weeks?

"He's on his way, don't worry." Trey grunted as he slammed the trunk door down and turned to the three of us.

"Okay, but where was he?" I lifted my head just enough to raise my eyebrow at him, but he just shrugged his shoulders and looked down the street like he purposely "didn't know".

Liar, liar, pants of fire.

"Here you go Buttercup." Denton drew my glare away from Trey as he handed me my favorite pillow with a giant smile on his face. I gave him a small nod and clutched the fluffy goodness to my chest as he came to stand beside me.

"Do you know where Rex is?" I turned my attention to the younger Dimajio who stood a few steps beside me. His blue eyes widened as I raised my eyebrow at him and I frowned as he glanced nervously between Trey and his brother.

"He's uh... He's on his way."

I scowled as he scooted away from me and diverted his eyes like Trey. It didn't make the nervous feeling in my stomach any better. "What aren't you telling me?" I stared straight at Trey as I spoke, but my words were directed to all three of them. Trey's eyes snapped back to mine and the stern look he had earlier softened as he stared down at me. I didn't realize how nervously I was clutching the pillow until my heavy breathing started to make my chest ache. I honestly wasn't sure why I was so nervous, I just was.

Trey never really skirted around the bush with me, and if he wasn't telling me where Rex was there had to be a reason... a bad one. Maybe it was just their reactions working on my overactive imagination, or maybe I really should have been nervous, but either way the feeling settling in my stomach wasn't a good one.

Trey was saved from saying anything by the familiar hum of Rex's car coming down the street. The boys immediately turned their attention to the sleek black vehicle pulling into my driveway and away from me as Rex climbed out of the car. He left the engine running.