Chapter 16

NOT EDITED!!!! 

Hey guys! 

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 16

        The clicking of my window sliding open yanked me out of the first dream less sleep I had lulled myself into in days, and the sight of Rex's dark head of hair pushing into the open space was the only thing that kept me from screaming.

         "Rex? What are you doing here?" I whisper-hissed against the cold of my room as he pulled his wincing body inside.

        "I-I need your help Rose...." His voice was soft, barely a mumble, but it was enough to have me jumping up in worry.

        "What's wrong?" I all but ran to his hunched over side as his legs began to wobble.

        "I got... hurt." His voice was airy and breathless and as I wrapped his arm around my shoulder and dragged him to my bed, my heart dropped to my stomach.

        "What happened Rex?" I urged as he laid gingerly down on my bed and rested his head against the pillow.

        He murmured something underneath his breath that I didn't catch as his palm pressed firmly against his stomach, his shirt soaked in something dark and thick.

        "Rex... let me look at it." I tried to hide the tremor in my voice, but thankfully he was too out of it to catch my fear. I gently pried his fingers away from his stomach and jumped slightly when the wet soaked fingers clenched tightly around mine.

        Blood.

        I gulped.

        "Oh my God..." Rex's grip on my hand was the only thing keeping me from screaming at the grotesque sight in front of me. Rex's shirt was sliced open across his stomach... as well as his skin, and the blood that had gushed out onto his shirt was slowly starting to crust.

        "It's not as... bad... as it looks." He murmured even though his eyes were closed and his grip on my hand was loosening.

        "Rex, you need to go to the hospital. Now." I started reaching for my cellphone in frantic worry before his eyes snapped open and he pulled me back to face him.

        "Don't Roza... Don't get anyone else involved. The knife only cut through my skin, nothing else... Like a flesh wound alright?" Even though his grip was starting to grow weak his dark eyes were hard and determined.

        I could only nod slowly.

        "L-let me get the first aid kit..." I stood up on wobbly feet and with shaking hands I nearly ran out of my room and into the hallway bathroom. Luce always kept the medical stuff in the cupboard beneath the sink and I wasted no time in grabbing it and running back to my room.

        So much blood.

        Rex was still awake, but just barely as I sat on the bed next to him and rested the kit in my lap. "I-I need to take your shirt off..." He arched an eyebrow at the stutter in my voice but gingerly placed his arms in a way where I could cut the fabric away from his cut and pull the rest of the shirt off of him.

        I tried not to gape at him like a fish, but that boy was fine. Even though I already knew that. I saw his chest and insanely muscly stomach at that fighting match, touched it too, but now that I was freely running my hands over his six pack next to the cut, I couldn't help but blush.