Chapter 42

Hey guys! So I'm sorry these few chapters are short, but they hold so much emotional intensity! 

Another awesome cover by Marie_Romance Thank you so much!

I'm sorry for any editing and grammar mistakes!

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 42

       I flinched as Donni tied the rope tighter around my ankles. I was strapped to a thick metal chair that was so cold I could feel it in my bones. The four walls surrounding the tiny room I was stuck in were an ugly green that I hadn't seen before, and the floor was covered in a dirty white tile that made me feel like I was in a mental hospital.

       Donni sent me a wicked smirk as he rose back to his feet. "No comment Rose? You used to have such a snarky mouth." I narrowed my tear stained eyes at him. The jerk had literally duct taped my mouth barley ten seconds before.

       He raised his hands in mock surrender before taking a few steps back to admire his handiwork, that nasty smirk plastered to his face. He was right actually. I did have a snarky mouth when I lived here, with them. It got me into trouble a lot. It only took the first two times in that room to quickly lose it.

       "I would get comfortable, kid. The Mister and Misses aren't back yet and probably won't be for a while."

       My heart clenched when he called me kid. All it did was remind me of Brett, and the life I was just stolen from. I watched teary eyed as he walked over to the thick door with no knob. I gulped as he knocked and it slid open. "Do you remember this room Rosie? You used to have so much fun in here." The door slammed shut on his horrible laughter.

       It was already hard to breath because of the duct tape, but my chest started to constrict even more when I heard a thick lock slide into place. The panic didn't hit me until the lights turned off though. There was absolutely no light. No noise. I could barely get any oxygen into my lungs, and tears had started falling from my eyes all over again.

       Oh God.

       It's the room. The room where it all started. Where the panic attacks began. Where my nightmares came from. Oh God. I was going to throw up. But I couldn't, there was tape over my mouth. Panic settled in when the nausea didn't subside. The silence became deafening, my tears got worse, and I could feel that all-consuming panic rearing up to hit me with one sucker punch of an attack.

       I was here, with them, with my monsters. I wasn't getting saved this time. I couldn't get saved this time, and I couldn't do anything about it. I tried to gasp, but my lips were sealed shut, and that only made me cry harder.