Chapter 22

Hey guys, so this is the first time I've used the new "writing" style wattpad has so I have no idea if it corrected the spelling mistakes and what not but I seriously hope it did! If not I'm sooo sorry for any spelling and grammar errors! I barely proof read this whole thing so I can't promise that it will be anywhere close to perfection.

But anyways! I hope ya'll enjoy it! And please comment and vote and what not! P.s. This chapter played out a lot better in my head.

-&-

Chapter 22

       I was huffing loudly and folding laundry in my empty house while the kitchen's stereo played at full blast three days later. It was the Tuesday before our school was officially out for Thanksgiving break and the silence was starting to get to me.

       I stayed with Rex Saturday and all day Sunday. Heck, I was even considering staying Sunday night and just riding with him to school, but I didn't want to seem too clingy... and he didn't ask me to stay either. As a matter of fact, he kept asking me when I had to be home.

       Even though that kind of made my chest ache it was a good thing that I came home early, really. I was starting to run out of excuses of why it didn't matter what time I went home. However, he did pick me up for school and took me home both yesterday and today.

       I was sooo close to asking him to stay with me for a while, but as soon as I opened my mouth to speak, he beat me to it. He had things to do, and he wouldn't tell me what. I even asked him if it was a boxing match and I wouldn't be upset if he was going to one, but he just shook his head, smiled, and said, "It's not that type of thing, Roza."

       I scoffed grumpily and set aside the pair of pants I was folding.

        Roza. That jerk always knew what to say to make me crumble into a pile of goo at his feet. But, in all reality, I was happy he didn't give me the chance to ask him to stay. Luce or Tate wouldn't have been busy today and knowing Rex, he probably would have realized they were gone.

       I wasn't sure what he would do if he found out no one was home, but I wasn't going to put him in that position. I didn't want him or any of the others thinking they needed to babysit me. I was a big girl, I could take care of myself.

       For two weeks at least...

       I sighed gently this time before closing the dryer and bending down to pick up my basket of laundry. The radio in the kitchen was pumping out Talk Dirty To Me, and even though nothing in me could dance, this song always had my body moving in an awkward little jump. Kind of like it was trying to dance, but failing miserably.

       The only reason I even had the radio on was because the deafening silence in the house tore at my sensitive ear drums. I always had to have some type of noise, always. If I was sleeping I needed a fan on, like needed it. The silence always brought back bad memories, despite how hard I tried to block it out.

       I climbed the stairs carefully so I wouldn't drop the heavy hamper in my arms and shouldered my way into my room. My heart ached at the emptiness in the house, and I wanted more than anything to talk to Jax.

       I was use to not talking to him for months on end, but I was worried about our last meeting. Gerald's abusive behavior wasn't unknown among the foster kids. It was more common than anything, and I was worried as all get out. Jax was my life for so long, we always protected each other, and now I wasn't there for him. It made my stomach twist in worry.

       I just wanted to talk to him.

       He had bought a pre-paid phone when my dad came for me, and I had the phone number committed to memory before we were even separated, but that was years ago, and I don't even know if he still had it.