Chapter 41

Hey guys! I absolutely suck at writing climaxes so I apologize if the next few chapters just seem inadequate. D: But I do hope you like them! 

Thank you Marie_Romance for this awesome cover! All the one's you made were amazing! Don't forget if you have any covers PM me! I would love to see them!

Enjoy guys! I'm sorry for any editing, grammar, mistakes!

Please Comment, vote, follow! All that good stuff!!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 41

       I woke up in a cold sweat, my hair sticking to my neck in a disgusting mess and I was clutching the comforter for dear life. The dream was bad, but it was nowhere near as horrible as before. My breathing was hard as I glanced over at a sleeping Rex. He was flopped on his stomach, his beautiful mouth slightly open. The image made me smile, and eased my erratic heartbeat.

       Why was it so hot in here? So stuffy?

       It made my head hurt, made the images seem so real. I needed fresh air. I need to walk off that horrible dream. I didn't wake Rex up as I quickly changed into yoga pants and threw on a jacket. He hadn't been sleeping for weeks. This was the first time I've woken up with him looking so out of it. He needed all the sleep he could get.

       I slipped as quietly out of the room, and the apartment, as I could. I wouldn't be gone long, just a few minutes. It had been a few days since that little drunken episode of mine, and Rex wouldn't let me live it down. He kept reminding me that I apparently proclaimed just how much I loved him, like so much. I laughed at the memory and hugged the jacket tighter around me.

       It wasn't long before the cold air cleared my mind, pushed the nightmare away, and opened my tight lungs. I paused just as the air started to turn bitterly cold, the light from the street lamps lighting the dark street in front of me. I let out a heavy sigh, the flashes of the past slowly leaving my mind.

       When the dream was just a distant memory I slowly turned back around and hugged my jacket tighter again. It was getting colder with each passing day, and I had no doubt that it would start snowing like crazy soon. I was excited really. I loved the snow.

       The sky was pitch black and the only visible light came from the few street lamps that were lit. The walk back seemed longer than I thought, even though I was barely five minutes from the complex. I had almost crossed the street to get to the apartment's parking lot when a voice stopped me cold.

       "I like your boyfriend."

       The soft voice coming from the darkness behind me had me whipping my head around in surprise. "Whose there?" I called into the chilly night air, my hands shaking nervously in my jacket's pockets. There was no mistaking the dark mass standing just a few feet away, leaning casually against a tree a few feet behind me.