Words

My heart is about ready to lurch out from my chest as I swallow my nerves thinking about what exactly I am going to say.

everything

What is everything? How can I string them into the right syllables, tossing them around my tongue a few times to taste them if they're good enough. What if a liar's words can never be good enough?

I round a turn and four large white pillars stand in my vision, the stained glass windows pour in light dressed in blues and violets. It is almost too perfect, I just hope the words I still cannot find would be enough.

My lungs expand but hold their release as I see him.

I do not question why he is sprawled on the floor against the wall, or the fact that he is alone with no Rachel in sight. All that does not matter because if I thought for any longer all the flowers in my chest would wilt and rot and I would have nothing to give. No courage to offer to the man who saved my life.

I hurry down the room, the distance stretching far more than shrinking- but I push myself and ignore my throbbing thigh and the tiny voice in my head warning me to run the other direction...do not be stupid.

It's a death trap!

And it's not. I have been trapped my entire life knowing nothing but fear and pain, abused until my own body has grown to betray me in every way.

If you're a monster, then I am truth.

"Red?.."

I drop to my knees in front of him. Staring into him, switching left and right between his eyes as he watches me intently; scanning my fidgeting hands that wrap and unwrap from my torso- holding myself up.
Damn, she is such a squirmer.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He mumbles, eyes pressed against discomfort. Gold and brown judging me. Zack would think I went insane, off the freaking bat-crazy, plotting to stab him or tell him that I just saw God themself with my own eyes!

I chew on my bottom lip. I hate that I do not know where to start-

"You're creeping me out, Red."

"I just-"

"What?!" He barks at me with heavy impatience.

There's that voice of his, rude and mean. Dark and rough that grates it's way up his throat like metal against gravel.

To hell with words!
In a burst of boldness and greed, I sneak my trembling hands inside his hood- grabbing his face and pressing my lips against his parted mouth.

I see him in a dim blur between the slits of my closed eyes how his own snapped wide with shock but easily and gently almost surrendering into me, closes them shut. I breathe- finally! Inhaling against his open mouth not pulling away for a second- bringing him closer to me as I hold onto the sides of his bandaged face. Mewling and restless as I rise higher on my knees and move my lips on his in a way that lets him know just how much I wanted this.

A satisfied moan leaves my throat as his tongue darts inside of my mouth until he presses in fully and ripples and flicks against my own. Sliding across every inch and tasting ourselves in a whole determined way. The way he grunts against me has me reeling towards chaos, igniting an explosion in my chest and I want more. So much more.

I let one of my hands drop down to his throat and feel how strong his neck is, grazing down across bandages until I press my open palm on his chest. Goddamn those muscles no wonder he is so strong..