Issues

I did not know where to sit.

Zack slumped right in the middle of the couch- the only seat in the living room that faced the television. Being the minimalist that I am, I would have thought the white sofa would be enough...but seeing as how he has been hogging this space made me think that maybe I should add another. I do need more furniture..

"You just gonna stand there?" Zack asks without turning to look at me, eyes hard on the screen as he flicks through channels and mumbles curses at each one he skips.

"Can you scoot a bit?" I shuffle my bare feet, rubbing one behind my ankle as I eye both spots on either sides of him. He has his knees wide apart, long strong arms spreading over the edge of the couch as one hand lazily drops over with the remote.

I know that I always want to be close to him, but we are not being intimate. I never know what to do around him when he is like this- feeling like I have to be extra careful and not make a bad move to set him off. He is a ticking bomb just waiting to-

"Just sit the hell down," Those eyes swing up at me, hooded, as he tilts his head down. "I'm not gonna bite."

His smirk tells me that he does not need to use his teeth to hurt me.

My footsteps are small as I inch closer and closer to him and with every short stride I take towards him, I see his jaw tense up. I chew on the inside of my cheek as I go and sit down on the spot on his left. My spine is erect, not letting me sink back into the cushions and feign relaxed. I know I love the unpredictable scary man sitting next to me, but I still feel the suspense and anxiety I did when I first saw him.

"Jesus, Red, I can feel you shaking. Why are you nervous?" I wish he had chose to ignore me- to pretend I was not even here at all. I go to tell him sorry but he breaks the silence again, "We just fucked not too long ago and you're acting like you've never been around me before. Get over here."

There is a squeak that leaves my parted lips when the arm he had stretching behind my head drops over my shoulders as he presses me into him. I am awestruck, so freaking amazed by him right now.

I touch his face and he loses his shit.

But now look at him, bringing me in so close and tight to his side that it is suffocating.

My face is bleeding with fire and blood as he holds me. He digs the weight of his muscular arm on me- feeling him above bandages and the sleeve of the hoodie. It hurts, and I have grown used to the fact that pain always came with Zack.

This feels nerve-wracking but I am..content.

"Whaddaya' usually watch on here." He speaks above the aggressive clicking of the remote. "There is a shit ton of channels but nothing good is on. Bunch of lame shit and news."

I turn my head to his side in a discreet attempt to breathe him in only to end up peering up at him and trying not to smile.

"You're on the lower channels, start in the three-hundreds."

"Huh?" Zack makes a face down at me only to move the hand with the remote to his lap, glaring at it, "So, how do I go up then."

"Just put three-zero-zero on the remote. Should take you there quicker.." I am not too focused on the television when I can stare at the side of his covered face this close. His hair is still damp from his shower and he smells so freaking good. He is so attractive even when he wears a scowl on his features now.

Gold turns harsh as he spits, "I can't read the numbers."

Oh, that's right. Zack cannot read much..or at all.