GIFT BOX

"Remind me to never let you drive again. Like ever." After ordering Zack to reverse back, Red released herself from the seat belt, hurrying to inspect the damage he just made against the closed garage.

Red knew what she would find, but the nasty dent on the front of her car was enough for her to gasp. The dark blue paint was now a large streak of grey, the plates were broken in and the numbers permanently stamped onto the wall of the garage door. Good thing that the headlights did not bust.

"Damnit, Zack! Look at this! I told you to stop, why would you step on it!?"

The window rolls down and a dark head pokes out from it, "Chill the fuck out, Red, I didn't know this shit was going to do that! I forgot which stupid pedal was the one for it to stop, okay!"

"I told you, the left one is the brake. The left one, Zack! There is only two, how could you just forget?!" Aggravated, she runs a hand through her damp hair, her clothes were still wet- they clung to her uncomfortably- and now the looming house was watching her and it made Red feel miserable the second she fully glanced at it.

"Can we go around the block one more time?" Zack stayed hopeful that he could be allowed another spin, but Red sent him one of those brave glares that made him grin. He knew that all it took was a single measly threat and she would fold, break down into the scared doll she always is. What's got her all snappy, anyway? But this Red, the angry Red was much more fun- so instead, Zack teased.

"This time you can sit on my lap while I drive, baby, whaddaya' say?"

"No." She crossed her arms, her frame shivering from the icy wind and the rain that has calmed but will soon pour down all over again. "Turn off the car, let's head inside before someone sees us."

He sucked his teeth, "Freaking lame! I can just take off without you and you can't stop me!"

The car began to roll back, down the long driveway and Red's heart skipped two beats as it did, "Zack!"

His mischievous grin suddenly stretched down, eyes flicking up to clash with hers and by his slight panicked expression and his hands raising up- Red stopped herself from running.

"Red! The car's moving by it's self! I'm not doing it!"

"Oh, my God, put your foot back on the brake!"

"What?!"

"Zack! Quit messing around!" Red's feet scrambled towards the vehicle, giving the backing hood desperate smacks as if that is what it will take to stop it. It didn't, because the car reached the asphalt, heading towards the street in a dreadful pace down the long driveway, "Stop!!"

"Huh?! I'm not doing anything!"

"STEP ON THE BRAKES!"

"WHICH ONE'S THE BRAKES AGAIN?!"

"THE LEFT PEDAL, YOU DUMBASS!"

Now it was too late, because the car caught the curve of the sidewalk and it turned the back tires  just enough for the front side to crash into the iron mailbox post innocently standing to the side. The metal screech was loud and it made Red's teeth ache from it, the endless strip- no doubt a brand new long, thick gash across the side doors.

Zack sucked in a breath through clenched, bared teeth in a wince. The sound was enough to tell them just how bad the hit will look now. Hitting the garage was nothing compared to it.

His foot finally found the wide pedal, the second it did- he stuck it all in that the car jerked to a violent halt.

"Oops."