With You

Red was back with him.

Not that Zack was ever expecting her. Not that he was dying to see her again. She was back nonetheless.

Only out cold in his arms like the stupid doll that she was.

He would hate himself if he said he did not miss her, though.

Her face was fucked up. Beat and bruised and bloody as hell. It sent a wave of rage over his body and he could not stand to even look at her. Imagining how that fucker downstairs was hurting her did nothing but give him a throbbing headache.

So what he did was he finally put up that damn frame on the door and once he was in he walked into a creepy ass bedroom with Red still in his arms.

Ray's room.

The second when he saw the bed on the corner he put Red on it. Her stupid long hair was all over her face, sticking onto the blood caked on her forehead and everything. And when he tried to swipe it away, it stuck in every direction looking like she had been electrocuted or something. Stupid hair of hers. Stupid ass frown and stupid ass Red.

He stayed that way for a few minutes. Not caring if he looked like a damn creep watching her sleep. She was right there and the need to ring her pretty little neck sat heavily on his mind. Zack's fingers twitched because he couldn't stand her. Little lying bloody bitch.

Red looked good on Red.

But those damn bruises and cuts were no fun.

A television cracked showing nothing but static and white noise suddenly jumped a signal. A picture cleared up and soon Zack walked closer to the screen. It was on the News and in the background was a two story house and cops all over the damn place. A news reporter speaks,

"Local authorities responded to a report regarding the house you see here. Where the lifeless and mutilated bodies of mister and misses, Gardner, were found inside."

Zack grew curious and weary all the sudden by the familiar name, Gardner. Rachel's last name.
He bent down on one knee as he let his scythe fall and clatter by his side. Hard eyes becoming glued to the screen.

"The scene was confusing to say the least, but the knife wounds and bullet holes found on the corpses indicate an extremely vicious murder. Investigators report the couple had been dead for a weak. But perhaps the most notable detail was that they've been crudely sown together with thread."

"Hold on. They were sown together?" Zack spoke out loud in slight disbelief.

A picture of Ray with her parents is shown as he scans the yellow haired girl who showed as much as emotion as a corpse.

"Standing near them was their child, Rachel Gardner. The girl was seemingly unharmed. She was escorted to safety, but her behavior suggests a state of confusion that would indicate the child may have been present."

Zack stood up and backed from the television with a hand stretching out. Shock sending him reeling backwards until the backs of his knees met the end of the bed, making him fall back to sit. The bed squeaked and groaned from his weight as his eye began to twitch from the sudden revelation.

Ray did that?

Red was just as shocked too. She had remained frozen on the bed, watching Zack's back as he watched the television and she listened.

Her stomach clenched at the idea of Rachel doing something like that. But she was no better. It was only the shock of finding out what she was actually capable of. Here she was only fearing Zack where the little walking sowing machine could have ripped her to shreds and sown her back together.