Missing

"The fuck do you mean Ray's gone?!"

"She wasn't there in her seat- Zack, wait for me!"

"Did you even look around?!"

"I did!"

"Open the freakin' trunk! I swear to God if you two are playing tricks on me you'll both be real sorry!!"

"I'm not!-"

"What the hell! Are ya' fucking kidding me right now?!"

"Zack-"

"Where the hell did that friggin' emo brat run off too?!"

"Zack-"

"WHAT!?" Now he is in my face, back blowing up like the big, bad angry- pissed off- wolf. I remind myself that he is more beastly than a wolf, scarier. I soften my voice.

"You're yelling too loud.." I scan around us, we are standing behind my car with the trunk popped open and empty. Zack's breathing is hard, forced and his hood is down. It is colder and he is too exposed but I do not want to tell him to put it up, he is just a hair's width of exploding right here in the open.

"Who gives a fuck!?"

"I do. We are outside, people will hear." I bite my lip and stare at his boots. His stance is open, he is flaring up in rage; far from upset, so the last thing I want to do is make any sort of eye contact with him.. he will pin it all down at me, I just know it.

To my surprise, he blows out a cloudy breath and it hovers above my head until it disappears along with his boiling anger. I know why he is not completely losing it like he does.

He came not that long ago, the lucky jerk got his own frustrations out, his release while I stand here being the one who's a bit irritated but as if I will ever show it.

"Fuck." Zack runs a single hand through his hair, pushing it back that it sticks up and I glance away feeling guilty I fantasized tugging at it while he makes me feel good; Ray is gone. I can't think about sex right now or his mouth and tongue..

I should be mad too, at him for the way he treated me. Grabbing me like he did, burning me with the end of his cigarette- what an asshole! I let him manhandle me that way the very least he could have done is let me come.

I have every right to be upset- if he were not a serial killer, an absolute blood-thirsty maniac, and I feared him a bit less..I would have gave him an earful and maybe a brave smack across his handsome face. How dare you not make me finish, you hot jerk!

I push those needy thoughts away for now as I focus on why Ray left. Was she coming back? Why did she took off in the first place?

"What the hell did you tell her? You don't like her, never really gave a shit- so what happened out there between the two of you? Did you tell her to leave?" Zack is targeting me, there is no one else to really blame here- I know him well enough now.

I gape at him, still.

"Answer me!" He steps right in front of me, his chest nearly knocking me back but he keeps me in place with strong hands. My arms are all bruised up because of him and his rough grabbing.

"I didn't!" My voice pitches up when I get defensive. I am not lying either, but he searches my eyes and his hands get meaner. "Why would I do that!? Why would I tell her to leave after risking myself to get her back for you!? You're crazy!"

"You don't know the fucking half of it." Zack threatens low. I know I don't, if he lost it like he does, like he really can..I'm a goner.