Paying the Consequences

Two updates in one day! I hope you guys are enjoying so far. Let me know what you think!

-------------------------------------------------------------

ANDY'S POV

I was asleep for maybe 5 hours before I was awaken by a strong wave of nausea. I tried to ignore it. I looked down and Robert was still in the same position, asleep with his hand resting on my bump. I gave him a kiss on his head and tried going back to sleep but immediately felt the need to throw up. I jumped out of the bed and rushed to the bathroom, interrupting my husband's peaceful sleep and threw up. I then felt Robert pull my hair back and his hand rubbing my back. Once I finished Robert gave me some water to drink. I leaned against him, my back against his chest and he moved so that I was sitting between his legs and began rubbing my belly.

Andy - I don't understand why I'm throwing up. I feel so weak and light headed.

We sat in silence both trying to find a reason why. It didn't make sense. My morning sickness stopped last month and I now only get sick when I eat something before having Robert's smoothie for the day. I was still trying to think of a reason until Robert startled me which caused me to be sick again. This time, the only thing that came up was the water that I just drank.

Andy - Robert, you scared me
Robert - I'm sorry. I just realized we haven't eaten anything since we were on shift yesterday. You also haven't had any water
Andy - What?! That's not true.
Robert - Babe, think about it, you came home and food kind of immediately left my mind. I'm going to go ahead and say you're also dehydrated. C'mon I'm going to take you to the hospital.
Andy - Wait, no. I don't want to go. And I'm probably not even dehydrated. I don't want to go to the hospital.
Robert - Andy, your burning up and you're not even sweating. I'm taking you
Andy - No. Please, Robert, I don't want to go.

As I was begging my husband not to take me to the hospital, tears began to fall from my eyes.

Robert - Well, then I'm calling Warren.
Andy - No, don't do that. You're going to end up waking Miranda, she had to work yesterday too plus Ben said this is their first day off together in a while.
Robert - I don't want to bother Warren either but you won't let me take you to the hospital so you choose: hospital or Warren.
Andy - Fine, you can call Warren.

Robert got up as quick as he could without hurting me and called Warren.

Robert - I called him and Bailey insisted that she come so she's also coming too.
Andy - No

I began to sob, thinking about how I messed up both of their much needed rest and interrupted their morning. Robert sat back in the same position as before hugging me from behind.

Robert - Aw Andy. Its okay. They want to make sure your okay just like I do. And Miranda was happy to come check you out. She even tried to leave without Warren.

Robert said causing me to giggle. I don't know how he does it but he always makes me feel better. I relaxed into my husband's arms and began to fall asleep.

Robert - Babe. Let's get back in the bed while we wait so you can be comfortable.
Andy - I am comfortable Robert. Just keep holding me.
Robert - I'm not. My butt is starting to hurt and my back is pressed against the nob on the cabinet. C'mon.
Andy - I can't. I can't move. I have no energy and my body hurts all over.

Robert began to laugh.

Robert - Well, I guess that's my answer from last night. I'll carry you.
Andy - It's not funny Robert. You wore me out.
Robert - You weren't complaining last night
Andy - Robert.
Robert - I'm sorry. C'mon, I got you

He then stood up and scooped me off of the floor. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face into his neck. He pulled back the covers and laid me down. He got in bed behind me and spooned me placing his hand back on my belly.