Chapter 29: A Party of Cosmic Opportunity, What's Bothering Koneko?

'' thinking
() note
[] reading
** change of location/stage direction
Blah blah blah calling out spells/powers

_______________________________________________________________________________________

*Party Hall*

*1st pov*

After the little skirmish we saw in the waiting room, we decided to move out into the party itself amongst the leader class devils and, as a shock to me, other people. I saw Azazel and Michael were up towards the front along with Grayfia, Millicas, Gabriel, and her escort of angels and Irina beside her. Since she and Michael are here, does that mean Jeanne or Yumiko could be here? Or for that matter, maybe some of the girls I met back in Rome?

Rias: *stern* As much as I'm sure you're impressed by your first formal Devil gathering, I'm afraid you'll need to keep in your awe for now and focus on what my brother wanted us to do in the first place. Isa and (Y/N), I want you both to blend in amongst the crowd and keep an eye on the guests you see. 

Isa: *confident* You can count on us president!

Rias: *stern* Xenovia, Yumi, you both will remain close to the front doors incase someone tries to come through them. 

Xenovia and Yumi: *direct* Yes ma'am.

Rias: *stern* Koneko, I'll need you to remain on the sidelines for now, I'm sure you're still a little winded from your workout, but be on your guard.

Koneko just nodded, but seemed to look off somewhere before shaking her head.

Rias: Asia, you'll be with Koneko. If something does go wrong, she'll need as much support as she can get. Gasper, you'll be with Koneko and Asia as well, if Koneko happens to get overpowered, you can use your gear to freeze the enemy. Akeno and I will mingle amongst the crowd as to keep a low profile.

(Y): *smirks* Part of me thinks you're just doing that to bump elbows with some old friends of yours.

Rias: As nice as that would sound, we don't have that kind of luxury at the moment with what is supposedly at stake tonight.

Raynare: *strict* What do you want us to do Rias?

Rias: *stern* Raynare, I'll need and Mittelt to watch the back doors incase someone tries to sneak in or out through there. And Kalawarner, you'll be in charge of keeping an eye on them. Does everyone have their communication orbs?

We did a brief check and made sure we each had our orbs in our ears and that they still worked.

Rias: *sighs* Alright, let's hope this goes well.

And with that, we split up amongst our small groups. Isa and I made our way into the crowd as we split up each going one direction.

I checked around the room to see the others had gotten into their positions. We ran another check on the orbs to make sure they worked and that everyone was in place. After we made sure everything was going well, we began to watch over the party. I could tell that a few people were looking my way as they saw me walk through the room. It had to be either the fact that I was in my school uniform, or the fact that they knew I wasn't of NoBlE bLoOd. It wasn't long until Sirzechs and the others left the front to mingle amongst the crowd as well. Considering how long it has been since the party started, I have no doubt that everyone had already made it to the party. I soon saw Milicas and Grayfia not too far away from me as I decided, albeit not the best time, that I should apologize to him now.

I started to make my way over to Milicas and Grayfia, and it seems my efforts didn't go unnoticed as soon I saw Milicas look eyes with me and he soon turned and ran away away, with Grayfia trying to catch up with him. He didn't say anything, but in his eyes, I could see his fear. He was afraid of me after what I did that night. And while I could not even control myself, I can't say wouldn't feel the same way if I was in his place. I just hope that I'll be able to tell him that I'm sorry and that he could forgive me...... I don't want to be seen as some sort of monster. I couldn't see where they went as the disappeared into the crowd, but even if I did follow, would that do any good? Milicas would just run away again and I would be doing nothing but chasing him and not fulfilling my current duties. I turned my attention back to the rest of the party goers, but it wasn't long until a sudden force grabbed and and pulled me into something where I couldn't see.