Chapter 6: The Best Day of a Nun's Life, A Run-in with Dohnaseek

'' thinking
() note
[] reading
** change of location/stage direction
Blah blah blah calling out spells/powers
_______________________________________________________________________________________
*The Void*
*1st pov*

It was now Saturday and we only had a week left until the bastards would kill Asia, meanwhile I'm in here training, even though time hardly passes while I'm in here, I feel as if every second I spend not focusing on Asia, is another moment wasted.

Kukyo: You seem distracted partner. Care to explain?

(Y/N): Well what do you expect Kukyo?! I have less than two weeks until someone who understands my pain is murdered and it's tearing me apart, not to mention those two fallen angels and Kala, who knows what atrocities they do to them.

Kukyo: Ah, it is your anger that clouds your thoughts, giving into fear and hatred, it's distracting you.

(Y): So what am I supposed to just bottle it up and hold it in?!

Kukyo: No, you must learn to wield it properly, like a sacred gear, emotions can be powerful tools. Let it overtake you and you will be leaving yourself open for death, controlling it and using it to your advantage will make your goal clear and your mind along with it. When you feel this anger, what do you see in your mind?

(Y): I see pain, I see people suffering, I see the innocents that I have the power to protect falling to the hands of dark people who just laugh at their deaths.

Kukyo: And when you feel this anger, who is it directed towards?

(Y): Well, i-it's directed towards those evil bastards!

Kukyo: Is it now, then why is your vision still clouded, why is it that you can't see what to do next if your anger is at the enemy? Hmmmm?

(Y): Well I don't know, it shouldn't be........unless......

Kukyo: Unless?

(Y): Unless my anger is directed at me.

Kukyo: Yes good, and why is it directed towards you?

(Y): B-because I don't know what to do, I-I have this power and yet I'm afraid to lose control of it, and when I fear it, I get angry at myself for not helping those in need.

Kukyo: Then you must learn to trust in your judgement so that your path may become clear.

(Y): But how will I know my choice is correct?

Kukyo: You won't, there will be times you make the wrong choice, but you must own up for it and do the best you can to fix it. It is better to try and mess up, then to mess up from not trying at all. If you do nothing to help this girl, then you fail, if she falls from your choice, then you failed with your judgement, but she will know that you did come to save her, rather than thinking you just abandoned her like everyone else. We are done here for now, return to your world and clean up.

(Y): Okay.

I left the void and decided to go for a shower before taking a nice nap to rest my body. I got out of the shower feeling refreshed, and went back to bed to sleep.

*Timeskip*

When I woke up, I looked at my clock to see the time was now 9:30 a.m. and I decided that I should go for a walk to help clear my mind like Kukyo said I should. I put on my (f/c) shirt under a light grey zip up hoodie and a pair of blue jeans with my (s/f/c) shoes. I then set off for my walk as I made my way through Kuoh, focusing on trying to both channel my anger and clearing my judgement. As my walk went on, I found it hard to channel my anger, each time I would try and direct it at someone like Freed or Dohnaseek, I just found myself getting angry with myself for letting them get away and for not being strong enough to take them down. Suddenly, I realize I lost track of my surroundings and looked up to see I had ended up in a park with a jungle gym that parents would take their kids to. I decided to take a minute and rest on an empty bench to meditate for a bit, trying to control my emotions so when the time comes, I won't hesitate. I then heard a familiar voice calling for me.