Chapter 24

Hello! How's it going Gladers? I'm tired, but I'll update anyway because I love you all that much ;) The penguin of the day is that my favourite colour is violet! Or mint green. Either or. This chapter is dedicated to @clockwork_instrument for being awesome! So yeah, without further interruption, here is chapter 24!

*****************

It was sunset before the large group returned, bags of lillies in each of their hands. "Should we throw a lilly in the fire now or wait until morning?" Thomas asked Minho. He always seemed to make the best decisions, even if he was sneaky and sassy. "Shuck it Thomas, I say we do it now. The sooner the better." Minho told him. He started hobbling away to Newt on his crutches, his cast on his leg still wet from the lake. He talked with him, explaining how he wanted to do it that night.

Once everyone knew, Newt started a fire. "Everyone, go get some supplies. We don't know if we'll need it or not." He had said, and everyone cleared out. He sat around and waited for everyone's arrival, which turned out to be ten minutes after he got the fire going.

"So, what are we waiting for? Let's go." Said Thomas, picking out a lilly from his backpack, his other hand clutching Teresa's, giving it a reassuring squeeze. He stepped forward, paused for a second, and then threw the lilly in the fire.

The effect happened straight away. The ground under their feet started shaking, and it suddenly opened. Screams tore out across the land as the subjects fell, helpless, into the void.

Instead of splatting on the ground within the ground (A/N Ground inception O.o) , they all landed on something soft and cushiony. They looked back up from where they fell, only to see a perfectly normal white celling. Thomas stood up and brushed himself off, offering a hand to Teresa, which she took.

He looked around him to see that they were in a big room, with members of WICKED standing opposite them. A few of them Thomas recognised; Ava Paige, Ratman, and the Barney guy. He eyed them with caution as the others stood up, taking in their surroundings.

Ava walked towards them, greeting them with a smile. "Hello." She said kindly. It made Thomas sick. "To those if you who don't know, my name is Ava Paige. I am head of WICKED, the group that helped you find the cure. Oh yes, that reminds me!" She clapped her hands. All of a sudden, people in the green suits that Thomas had seen before stepped out of seemingly no-where, directing guns in their direction.

"Drop the lillies." She said calmly. One of the younger kids started crying when he saw the guns, his mother shushing him. Her words plus the guns caused everyone to immediately drop all of the lillies they were holding. Minho made a reluctant noise while doing so. "I thought this meant we could get along now. You know, go out for ice cream, walks in the park, kiss in the moonlight..."

They ignored the comment. Ava clapped her hands again and some of the members walked forward. They gathered all the lillies and stepped back, placing them in a heap on the floor. "There, that wasn't so hard was it?" Ava asked rhetorically. She was smiling again. "Now that you've helped us get the cure, I suppose dispersing it would be no bother either......"

****************

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry I haven't updated in ages! Feel free to yell at me in the comments! Comment what you thought as well, and private message me suggestions for the next chapter!
Good day to all!
- LivingLovelyLies