Chapter 3

A/N Hello my fellow Gladers! Here is chapter 3!

*********

Thomas awoke to the sound of sobs somewhere. He quickly sat up and looked next to him.

In the moonlight Thomas could see a figure sitting at the base of the apple tree, their head in their hands. Thomas could tell straight away that it was Teresa. He slowly stood up. No-one else seemed to be awake. He walked over to her crying figure, his feet pacing silently. He bend down, tilting her head up with his hand. She looked at him, the tears streaming down her face.

He pulled her up where she could cry on his shoulder. She was surprisingly light. "Hey, what's wrong?" He whispered in a soothing voice. "Nightmare. Everyone was chasing me. And we got to the edge of a cliff. And then you stepped out and said something awful, then pushed me off." She hiccoughed.

"What did I say?" He asked her, rubbing circles in her back. "You said you hated me and never wanted to see me again." She said sadly. He pushed her back slightly so they were face to face. "Listen to me. I would never do that to you. And I don't hate you, I-" he cut himself off before he could say something stupid.

"Come on, lets go on a walk." Said Thomas, grabbing her hand. He pulled her along, heading down the hill and to a small river. Thomas sat down beside it and Teresa followed in suit. They sat and talked about meaningless things for a while until Thomas heard Teresa yawn.

"Lie down on my lap." He said. She obliged, laying her head down and smiling a little. He started playing with her hair, twisting it this way and that, being careful not to hurt her. Everything was peaceful.

She sat up just as the slightest hint of light started to shimmer. She looked at Thomas, their heads only inches apart. "Tom..." Said Teresa, and just as Thomas was about to lean in, a loud booming shout echoed throughout the silent land.

"GUYS! GUYS! THOMAS AND TERESA ARE GETTING IT ON!"

Minho was a few steps away, smirking.

Thomas and Teresa bounced apart, as if some sort of spell had ripped them away from each other. Their faces were both bright red. Thomas stood up and ran at Minho.

"MINHO!" Thomas yelled angrily and jumped on him. They started to fake wrestle and eventually started laughing.

Teresa sighed. Boys would be boys.