Chapter 13

A/N Hey hermanos! How are you? Cause I'm great! Oh, and do you guys think I should have an updating schedule? I can't manage every day, but how about every two or three days? I'll try my best to stick to it. Just comment what you think the schedule should be. Well, here is lucky chapter 13!

**************

Thomas awoke to the muffled sounds of voices. He tried to move, at least open an eye, but nothing was working. All he could do was hear.

He heard two female voices arguing. "Quit it. Drop the act. Stop acting like you love him, because you obviously don't. I'm his soul mate." One of them said. Brenda?

"I do love him. I love him more that he could ever know. But sometimes things don't work out the way you want them to." Teresa? Most likely. Who are they even talking about, he wondered.

"Oh drop the damn act, already! Even if you do love him, he's mine. I know he loves me. Not you. Why would anyone ever love someone like you?!" Brenda sneered, and Thomas heard a yell and a clatter of things falling on the ground. Did Brenda just push Teresa down? He heard a moan of pain, and that started to get his senses together.

He finally managed to open his eyes, and saw something horrifying. Teresa was on the ground, a scared look in her eyes. She was shuffling back, and kept doing so until she hit the wall. Standing above her, a sadistic look in her eyes, was Brenda. "Stay away from him." She said calmly. Suddenly, she spotted a knife in arms reach.

"Let's teach you a lesson." She whispered, and grabbed Teresa's arm. She started with a simple line, making Teresa scream.

Thomas suddenly could feel everything, a rush of adrenaline coercing through his veins. He shot up and tackled Brenda, the knife clattering on the floor. She struggled, kicks and punches flying wildly. Teresa ran off to go find someone to handle the situation.

She came back a few seconds later, with a few of the medjacks running behind her. Clint was among them, and he grabbed a needle. He injected Brenda, and slowly her will to fight lessened. She soon lay still on the floor.

Thomas stood up as they carried Brenda out the room, leaving the two of them behind. He didn't hesitate to pull her towards him for a tender kiss. Hearing her defend him as her love made his heart flutter. They hugged, and Thomas lead them outside. But he wasn't expecting to see what he saw.

It was the village the tribe had said they lived in. Children ran through the nearby field, content to do that all day. The structures seemed sturdier, and more of them were there. The place was much more active and populated than the hill was.

They sat down in the field. Thomas looked over at Teresa, a questioning look in his eyes. "Start explaining." He said simply. "Well, two very important things first. WICKED put us here, and this place is a death trap. They made my head feel like it was exploding whenever I tried to talk to you."

Thomas looked confused. "And what's number 2?" He asked. "Let's just say you better go get Aris, fast." She replied, and they set off in a run.

They found him sitting by a bunch of the Gladers. It seemed like everyone had come over here now from the hill. "Aris, we need to talk. Minhohohomerrychristmas! Newtybee! I need you!" He yelled over at his friends and Aris.

Once they had sat down in a serious room, with the most serious table they could find, they started to talk. "Okay Teresa, first tell us whatever else you know. Then we get to this shank." Minho said, elbowing the nervous looking boy in the ribs.

***************

There you have it folks! Hope you liked this chapter! Tell me in the comments! Oh, and I might be doing some dedications soon :) Private message me ideas for the next chapter, comment what you thought, if you do I'll give you fictional dollars! *hands them out*
Hope you liked it!
- LivingLovelyLies