Chapter One

You tie the strings to your hoodie and look at yourself in the mirror. This is your first party, and it's two days before the end of you senior of high school.

Parties- Scratch that. Social events in general are absolutely terrifying. You would much rather stay curled up in bed reading manga or watching Black Butler.

Today, however, is your best friend's birthday. It's an event you can't miss.

Your phone vibrates from your nightstand and you rush over to it before your parents can hear it.

"I'll be there in ten minutes; meet me by your backyard fence," Mars, your best friend, says as soon as you answer.

"Okay, but please don't be loud with the exhaust. The last thing I need before graduation is my parents getting on me for sneaking out late on a school night."

"Oh please, Y/N. They'd get after you if you left on a weekend. Loosen up for the night, please," she begs.

"Fine," you sigh and give yourself one last glimpse in the mirror. "See you in a bit."

"Okay. Love you, bitch," Mars giggles and hangs up.

You decide to apply a layer of mascara and lip gloss. Taking deep breaths, you tuck your phone securely into your pocket and open your window to climb out.

Luckily, for you, your house is one story and your bedroom faces your backyard. This makes your escape much easier.

You hush Lilith, your kanine baby, and quickly open the back gate to prevent it from squeaking. Quietly shutting the gate, you run down the street towards a dark green Jeep where your friend awaits you.

"Took you long enough," she giggles as you jump into the backseat after noticing her occupied front seat. "Y/N, this is Brandon and Danny. Brandon, Danny, this is Y/N. Be nice."

"Nice to meet you," the boy with black hair waves from his front seat.

You return his wave and look down to your lap.

"Hi, I'm Danny," the boy next to you speaks up.

You look up and meet his eyes, regretting it almost instantly because you can't look away. Luckily, it was dark though so he couldn't really tell you weren't staring at his eyes but at his lips.

"Hi," you squeak out and look back at your lap.

"She's shy," Mars says handing you a bottle of water.

You smile thankfully at her and take a large gulp from it.

"How did a party girl like you meet a shy girl like her?" Brandon asks from the front seat.

"We grew up together. I beat some bitch's ass for taking her teddy," Mars laughs at the memory.

You blush and reach into your pocket for the last piece of fabric you have left of Snuggles.

"You don't need to tell everyone," you blurt out.

"Probably not, but it's cute getting any kind of reaction from you," Mars laughs.

You huff and take another drink from your water.

When you all arrive to Mars's house, you can see people have already arrived.

"Let's get this shit show started," Mars yells and pulls out a bottle of clear liquid.

You almost think it's water until she opens it and the smell of liquor hits your nose. You scrunch your nose repulsed and step out of the truck, followed by Danny.

"You're not drinking?" You ask as you both walk into the large house.

"I don't drink," Danny smiles at the sound of your voice.

He took a liking to you right off the bat, but he doesn't want to scare you away. Not yet.

"Oh."

"You?" He asks. You hum in confusion. "Why aren't you drinking."

"I'm on a soccer scholarship and taking a drug test next week. If I come out positive for anything, I may as well kiss my scholarship goodbye. Lord knows I need out of this hellhole," you whisper the last part to yourself, but Danny heard.

As soon as you step into the overcrowded house, you part ways unintentionally. With an empty Solo cup in hand, you stand in a corner away from the crowd and sigh.

Daywalker by Corpse starts to play and you smile as it's your favorite song. A silouette moves towards you, the darkness of the home covering their face.

"Hey, again," Danny's voice says over the loud music.

You smile as response and tap your foot to the music.

He offers you a drink, and you give him a 'thank you' before taking a small sniff from the cup.

"It's apple juice," he smiles adorably and you have to keep yourself from giggling.

You both just stand in the corner together, but Danny's eyes rest on your face the entire time. Of course, you're too blind and gullible to notice.

Danny slowly moves towards you, leaving just enough room to keep you from feeling claustrophobic but close enough to make you lose your breath. He leans over, his breath fanning across your face.

"Can I kiss you?" He says into your ear and pulling away to look into your eyes.

Your eyes flutter at the change of his tone and feel your stomach do flips. There's an internal debate going on.

You just met him two hours ago. You haven't even had a full conversation with him. But you'll never have an opportunity to kiss someone as beautiful as him.

You nod once and in a quick movement, his lips are locked onto yours. His hands cup your face, yours resting on his chest.

Your lips move synchronously, matching each other's movements but his were dominating. It wasn't a gentle kiss; it was rough but alluring. You wanted more.

Danny pulls away, and your hands instinctively grab onto the fabric of his shirt.

"Don-Don't stop," you plead. "Please."

He grabs one of your hands and leads you upstairs to one of Mars's guest bedrooms. The moment the door is shut, you're pinned against it.

"Danny," you moan at the rough motion. "Please."

"Please, what, darling?" His voice picked up a British accent, drawing you to him even more.

"Kiss me, Danny," you say. "Please."

He leans in, his lips barely grazing yours but moves to your cheek. Your breath quickens as his lips begin to trail along your neck to your earlobe.

"Beg me."

🖤🦔☕🦔🖤