Chapter Eleven

"So you're telling me," you began while pacing the length of the kitchen, "after six fucking months, that you're a GODDAMNED VAMPIRE!"

"Watch-"

"Do not fuck with me right now, Danny! I am pissed!" You were on the brink of tears.

This was a part of you that you always hated, crying when you're angry. Crying for everything.

"I thought you trusted me!" You shout, shoving him hard.

Danny was pained to see you like this. It was never his intention to hurt you, but he did.

"I'm-"

"Do not say you're sorry," you sniffle and wipe your cheeks. "I thought we could trust each other, Danny. I trust you with my life, but you clearly don't trust me at all. Really, we shouldn't trust each other at all, so I guess you have a point."

"I do trust you!" Danny cups your face.

"How, Danny?! You don't even know me!"

"I know enough," he rests his head against yours. "You're shy until you're comfortable, you hate bright colors, you don't like the morning because it means you can't sleep more, you can't go to sleep without hugging something or someone because it makes you feel more at peace. I know more than you think I do, y/n!"

"Well, maybe I don't know you," you cry. "I think... I think we-"

Danny cuts you off with a kiss. You kiss back immediately but pull away to run out the door.

This is too much. It's all too much. It's too soon to fall for him. Too soon.

You end up at the park down the street. The moon shone brightly as you walked down the gravel path, guiding you to wherever you were going.

"Y/N?"

You turned to the all too familiar voice of your mother.

"Mom, hi," you smile and wipe your face.

"When did you get back? I thought you were still at college?" She says confused.

"No, dad cut me off. I thought you knew," you raise a brow.

"He what? I would have never supported that. How are you supposed to become a doctor? Or a lawyer? Or-"

"I'm becoming a YouTube influencer," you interrupt her. "I don't want to be a teacher, doctor, lawyer or anything that means I have to completely trade my dreamd for yours."

"Is that why you haven't called? Or even texed? Or sent a letter?"

"Mom, Dad cut me off because he said that you two needed the money for things that truly mattered. He said that you were sick and that I was selfish for ever have even thought of putting myself through before putting your health first. Why do you look so confused?"

"Because I haven't been sick in a while, dear. I've been as healthy as a horse. Come home. We can all talk about this in a civilized manner," she smiled lovingly.

"Darling! I'm sorry! Let's talk about this. Please, I'm begging you," Danny pleaded.

"I have to go home," you sighed. Your mother looked hopeful for a split second until you began walk in the other direction.

"I thought-"

"Goodbye, Mother," you sigh and turn to leave with Danny.

"Retched bloodsucker! You've stolen my meal!"

You turn in confusion only to see what you thought was your mother morph into some horrid animal.

"Y/N, get home now!" Danny shouts. "Now!"

You quickly turn and run back home. Your lungs are burning, heart racing, body shaking. When you enter your apartment building, you ditch the elevator and run up four flights of stairs to your apartment, locking the door behind you.

Still scared, you run into your room and lock that door as well. You hide at the corner of your bed and curl into a small ball.

He's gonna be fine. He's gonna be fine. He's gonna be fine! You chant in your head.

You can't breathe. You're suffocating.

Then everything goes blank.

***

"Y/N! Y/N! Oh, thank God!" Danny's voice comes from above you.

You quickly react and smack his hands away. He seems hurt by the action and reaches to touch you again.

You blink a few times until reality registers with you and you jump into his embrace.

"Oh my God! You scared the living fuck out of me, Danny! I love you! I'm sorry!"

"For what? I should be sorry for keeping things from you. I'm truly sorry, darling," Danny kisses your cheek softly.

***

"So in other words, there's now some weird barrier that makes my yummy blood yummier because you marked me?" You ask confused as you sip from your Starbucks coffee.

"Yep," Danny says with an innocent smile.

"DON'T 'YEP' ME, MISTER!" You narrow your eyes at him. "Why is my blood so alluring?"

"Good question. Even when we first met, it was difficult to resist the temptation to bite you, but something made the thought feel wrong," Danny explains. "There's something about your blood that makes you special; I'm just not sure what," he ponders.

"Isn't there somewhere we can do research?" You ask.

"Yes, but I don't know if you're going to like to know where the somewhere is..."

"My parents are historical librarians. They run a museum and library. That's it!" You whisper angrily as you hide behind some shelves stalking your mother and father.

"The key around your mother's neck binds her to another library they run underground. Either we steal it, or you tell them you're back," Danny crosses his arms.

"Here goes nothing," you sigh.

🖤🦔☕🦔🖤

A/N:

Hey, guys! I'm finally back! I'll try to update more often. Life's just a bit hectic rn.

Love you tho! <3