Chapter Nineteen

You stood there stunned. How were you supposed to react?

"What are you doing here, Ophelia?!" Danny's mother hisses. "You were not invited!"

"Oh, dear, didn't Vlad tell you?" A woman's voice says sarcastically.

"Vladimir, did you invite her?!" Lilith glares daggers at her husband.

"She should see what her spawn has become," Vladimir holds a cold gaze.

However, it is wiped away by shock as a loud slap fills the room.

"This no longer about fucking politics, Vladimir. This is the child's life. Our child's life. Put your ego down long enough to see that," she turns to walk away but pauses. "Oh, and you're sleeping on the couch. House, makes sure that's where he ends up. Otherwise, everyone will end up with no hands."

You gaped at the beautiful woman before you.

"Look at you, dear. You've grown," the raven-haired woman smiles darkly.

"20 years does that to a person," your awe turns to fury within seconds.

"Oh, y/n, don't be so dramatic," she rolls her eyes.

"Fuck you," you hiss out.

"Y/N, let's leave," Danny tries tugging at your arm.

"Te invocamus de manu mea. Te obtestor ut omne imperium meum maneas," the incantation comes to you with ease.

"Those tricks don't work on-"

"Bow," you say with boredom in your tone.

The woman abides with surprise on her face.

"They don't work on supernatural beings," you smirk. "You aren't fully supernatural though. Are you, mother? Half mortal, half vampire."

"You will learn to respect-"

"Silent," you hiss at her. She hushes immediately, but so does the entire room. Everyone stares at you in utter disbelief as you begin an incantation that even millennium vampires can't decipher.

Your biological mother begins choking on nothing, then she coughs out blood. Her eyes grow black as coals, her legs give out beneath her, and her face begins to age.

"Y/N, you need to stop," Danny tries to reason with you, but you aren't present. He's met with a new voice he's never heard. "Y/N, you need to snap out of it! Now! Y/N!"

He pulls you away and makes you face him. You gasp, and your victim collapses as the mental hold you had drops.

"Where did you learn that?" Vladimir asks fearful.

"Learn what?" You ask. "Danny, stop spinning."

You collapse in his arms, and he looks to his father in fear.

"It's begun," your mother smirks.

"Take her to the dungeons," Vlad points to the woman on the floor. "Pete, we need you to take care of her. Now."

A tall buff man steps out of the crowd and attempts to grab you.

"I need to examine her in my office," he looks to Danny with a glare.

"Lead the way," Danny says nonchalantly as he lifts you into his arms.

Pete leads Danny to a clinic-like office where he does your vitals and runs blood tests.

"She's okay," Pete sighs. "She used up a lot of power is all. Some rest and food will help her."

Danny sighs in relief and whisks you into his arms before flitting through the castle to his room, laying you on his bed. You groan and immediately grab his sleeve when he tries to leave.

"Danny, stay," you mumble. "I need cuddles."

"One second, darling. I need to change," he fights a laugh.

"Me too," you groan but make no effort to move.

Danny rolls his eyes and sighs. He flips you onto your stomach and begins unzipping your dress, exposing your bare back. He caresses your skin as he slips the sleeves off your arms and drags the dress down your legs. He tosses the dress aside and draws lines over your delicate skin. You shiver in response but let out a pleased hum. Danny shakes his head and quickly unbuttons his shirt to cover you with it.

"No clothes," you groan and roll over.

"Y/N, if you don't put clothes on, I won't control myself," Danny growls.

"Tough luck," you pout.

Danny kicks his pants off and lays beside you, throwing a sheet over your bodies.

"Y/N?" You hum in response. "What happened down there?"

You freeze.

"I'm not sure," you frown. "I remember wanting to embarrass her, but I suddenly wanted her dead. Then I blacked out."

Danny sighs and pulls you into his arms, stroking your hair soothingly.

"I'm scared, Danny," you admit. "I've been having these awful nightmares that I cause something terrible to happen, and I'm not sure how to stop it."

"I won't let anything happen," he holds you tightly and kisses your forehead. "Try resting, darling. You'll need your energy tomorrow."

You nod and close your eyes, but the fear is still there. 

Meanwhile, on the other side of the castle, Lilith is seething with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"How could you?" She glares at her husband. "I have always been supportive of your decisions, but this went too far, Vladimir. She is our son's destined soul, and you dare fuck with his life like that?! He is your heir!"

"Lower your voi-"

"Do not tell me to lower my voice! I am angry, and I will shout as loud as I please!" Lilith hisses out. "Why are you so hard on him? You killed his first love, and now you wish to kill his second chance. Why?"

"He needs to understand hardship, Lilith. He has grown soft for that girl, and a king needs to be hard and cold," Vladimir says with hurt in his eyes as he stares into his wife's eyes.

"Did it hurt when you thought I died?" She asked.

"What?" Vladimir seemed confused.

"Did it hurt when you held your son and watched me take my mortal last breath?" Lilith asked more firmly.

"Of course," Vladimir said, taking offense that she would think any less of him.

"How do you think your son felt when he held his first love as he faded? How do you think he felt when he tried all he could to no avail at bringing him back?" Lilith sighed. "You're on the couch tonight."

"I don't mean him harm, Lili. I just want him to have a worthy mate," Vladimir tries to reason.

"That girl has proven herself worthy more times than I did. They love each other, Vlad. I hope you can open your eyes to see that before it's too late," Lilith says before turning to leave.

🖤🦔☕🦔🖤

A/N:

Hey, guys! It's been almost 7 months since I last updated! I apologize for that. I started working, and I'm in college now. However, I've managed to make time to update on my days off after classes.

Here's a short chapter of the long story that is to come. Please vote, comment, and follow me. I will hopefully also be updating Good Girl soon as well as publishing a different book that I've been working on for a few years. It's still a rough draft, but I'm working on the editing.

Thank you all for your patience with my updating! I love all of you so much! MUAH! ;*