Chapter Eighteen

"Why do we have to go? I really don't feel like being mind-warped again," you pout as Danny zips up your dress.

"You won't be; I'll make sure of it," he kisses your temple. "Besides, my mother will be there, so my father will be on his best behavior."

You gasp when he yanks on the strings of the corset.

"Fucking hell, Danny! I still want to breathe," you wheeze out.

"You're so dramatic," he chuckles. "You're all set."

"Can I do your eyeliner?" You turn to look at him with hope.

"Just don't exaggerate the wing," he kisses your lips and sits on the edge of the bed.

You quickly grab the pencil liner and carefully trace just above his lashes. When you're done, you two lock eyes.

"Have I told you I love you?" Danny asks.

"Not since this morning," you giggle.

"I love you," he pulls you closer and presses his lips to yours.

"I love you," you say after you both pull apart. "Why don't we just skip this thing?"

"You mean stay here so I can fuck your brains out?"

"Yes," you nod.

"No," Danny boops your nose. "However, to spice up our evening, as per usual, I bought these."

He pulls out two little silver balls attached to the ends of a silicone strand.

"I am not putting that up my butt," you shake your head vigorously.

"These don't go in your butt," Danny rolls his eyes. "Bend over for me."

You give him a suspicious look before bending over the edge of the bed where he was previously sitting. Danny lifts your dress up and slides your undies to your mid thigh. Two fingers enter you, causing a loud moan to erupt from you.

Danny mercilessly pumps his finger in and out of you until you clench your walls, signaling you're close. He pulls his fingers out, licking you off his digits before inserting the two cold balls into you.

You gasp at the sensation but allow Danny to do whatever he's planning. He pulls your undies up and your dress down.

"Is it okay if I mark you? I don't want anyone so much as glancing at you," Danny says calmly, like he didn't just edge you and left you wanting more.

"Actually, you need to feed. You haven't drank since last week, and it's becoming noticeable," you say before moving your hair aside.

"Are you sure? I don't want to take too much," he says with a furrow between his brows.

You reach out and smooth it out before pecking his lips.

"I made sure to have enough iron. Otherwise, I wouldn't be offering," You smile at him. "Come on, before we're late."

Danny leans in and sinks his fangs into your flesh. It had hurt the first few times, but now it's feels like absolute ecstasy.

When he's done, he licks a over the delicate wound. You shudder at the feeling but remain in his arms, not wanting to move from his grasp.

At the ball, you stay close to Danny. You're too afraid to interact with anyone because of the glares they send to you.

"They don't want me here," you whisper to Danny.

"So what? I want you here," Danny wraps his arms around your waist.

"I don't belong here, Danny. They know, I know it, and you know it," you sigh but remain glued to his side.

"Just ignore them; I do," he rolls his eyes. "Mother!"

"Danny!" A beautiful brunette woman with hazelnut eyes smiles and hugs Danny. "This must be your mate! Pleasure to meet you!"

"Hi," you squeak out as she hugs you.

You blush as she pecks your cheek and grasp Danny's hand tighter.

"So shy and so," the woman sniffs the air, "sweet."

"Mother," Danny warns.

"Just an observation," his mother pats his cheek. "My name is Lilith."

"Y/N," you offer a small smile.

"-talking to the queen," someone whispers, but you heard.

"Don't mind them, dear; they're envious," Lilith says loud enough for them to hear. "As they should be."

"Envious of what? A tribrid?" A dark voice echoes through the ballroom.

You bite you tongue and squeeze Danny's hand.

"Vladimir, what did I say?" Lilith hisses.

Danny's father shrinks slightly but keeps his composure.

Lilith smiles at you and pulls you away from Danny. You look at Danny pleadingly as she guides you toward a large round table.

She makes you sit beside her and looks at you adoringly.

"If you're going to be our next queen, which you will, you need accustom yourself to the ugly stares and the nasty comments," she says tucking a loose strand of hair behind yoj ear.

"Queen?" You squeak and practically stop breathing.

"Vladimir is only one year of being 1500 years old. After that, he must pass the crown to Voltaire. Sorry, I mean Danny. It slips my mind," her laugh is almost musical.

"Why do you call him Voltaire?" You tilt your head slightly.

"It's his birth name," she smiles. "However, he's made it clear that there's still human blood in him, so he wants to live amongst humans. He wanted to seem as human as possible, hence the human name."

"He's half human?"

"I birthed him a century ago whilst still human. It killed me, but Vladimir turned me just before my heart stopped beating," she smiles fondly at the memory. "He wasn't sure if his parents would accept either of us, but he cared not. He simply let his heart speak to him. Being king has truly killed that part of him. I miss it sometimes."

"Why is he so cold?"

"Being king does that to you," she sighs defeatedly. "It will your job as queen to be his shoulder to lean on. You will have your other duties, but being his mate comes first. Do you understand?"

You look at Danny and nod.

"Of course," you smile. "I'll do whatever it take-"

"Where is she?!" Someone shouts. "Where is my daughter?!"

🖤🦔☕🦔🖤

A/N:

Finally, an update! Sorry for the short chapter. It's really just a filler.

I'll make sure to start fixing that. I've just been busy with personal stuff.

Please vote and comment.

I love you! Muah! ;*