Chapter Twelve

"Hey, Mom and Dad," you say casually walking up to them.

"Y/N," your dad looks at you with sadness, but it vanishes in a second. "What are you doing here?"

"Wondering why my vampire boyfriend tells me my parents practice witchcraft?" You ponder and run your finger along the spine of a book on a shelf.

They look behind you at Danny and glare daggers at him. Danny remains emotionless with a protective stance.

"Vampires aren't the best company, y/n," your mother warns.

"Says my lying mother," you roll your eyes. "Why lie?"

"We were trying to protect you," your mom says shamefully.

"By lying and hurting me. Parents of the year," you roll your eyes. "What else are you hiding from me?"

They look at each other before announcing that the library is closing early. As soon as they lock the doors, your mother chants something and your settings change.

"What the hell?" You gasp and hold onto Danny.

"You're not our daughter," your father says with shame in his voice.

"What?"

"We knew your parents, of course, but they weren't ready for you. They couldn't keep you, even if they were. Your father and I had been trying for years to have a baby, but we found out that I'm infertile, and my uterus is too small to carry a baby. So when your parents asked us to care for you, we agreed," your mother explains. "We had a warlock dormant your powers to prevent any catastrophes, not that it was needed."

"Powers? What powers?" You begin pacing the now dark room.

"Memento."

In a flash, everything hits you like a brick. You fall into Danny's arms as you see flashes of fire and death.

"I... I killed... Oh my god," you sob and Danny rubs your back.

"It was once, and he deserved it. Believe me," your father says, a flash of anger coming through his eyes. "He tried to take advantage of you."

"But I killed him! I burnt him to death!" You shout.

"Darling, you need to take deep breaths," Danny pulls you into his chest.

"I'm a monster, Danny!" You cry.

"No, he's the monster! You were just trying to protect yourself, baby. It's not your fault," he soothes you by smoothing your hair.

"Dear, you have to believe me when I say that we were only trying to protect you. Come, we'll show you and tell you about everything. Just not here. Too many eye and ears," your mother says looking around the bookshelves.

You begin to protest but Danny gives you a stern look.

"Fine," you mutter and follow your parents toward a bookshelf in the back.

Your father pulls out books in a certain order before the shelf slowly moves to open. You're about to say something snarky when it shows a brick wall, but your mother begins to say something in Latin. Then the bricks separate, creating an entrance.

Your parents guide you and Danny into a darker room.

"Lux," your mother says gently.

Candles light themselves throughout the room, even in the chandeliers.

"What is this place?" You ask, your voice echoing on the walls.

"What we've been hiding from you your whole life," your father admits.

"This is a portal where our world and the underworld meet," your mother begins. "Your parents met here. Your biological father was a phoenix, your mother a tribrid. That makes you one of a kind, my dear. You have very special blood coursing through you, and the only way for us to protect you from those who wish to drain you of it was to hurt you by letting you go. We love you so much, but we knew that if we bound you to safety, you'd never be found."

"So what am I?" You asked. "Where does that leave me now? What's going to happen?"

"We're going to train you to use your powers. You are everything, y/n. You're so important in this life; you don't even know it yet. Even your mate can see that much," your father glares at Danny.

"Mate?" You tilt your head.

"It's why your blood is sweeter to me. It was made specifically for me, and vice versa. We were destined for each other," Danny explains taking your hand in his.

You intertwine your fingers and smile at him. So many things were beginning to make sense.

Your parents went on to explain that you're a witch, werewolf, pheonix tribrid. You couldn't die due to your pheonix blood; you'd only burst into flames and be reborn from the ashes. This gave you so much to think about for the next few days.

Every evening, when the library closed, you and Danny would go for your training. It wasn't until Tuesday that you finally got a break.

"Ugh, Jedi training is hard," you groan into the pillow next to Danny who is reading a book with his glasses on. "You look hot with those."

"Thanks," Danny chuckles and puts his book down to pull you close. "You've been doing so well, darling. I'm proud of you," he kisses the top of your head.

"Thank you," you smile triumphantly. "I couldn't have gotten this far without you, Danny. For that, I have to thank you."

"I love you," he smiles running his fingers along your arm.

"I love you."

🖤🦔☕🦔🖤

A/N:

Oh my lordt! It has been ages since I've updated! Sorry, I haven't even been busy, I've just been lazy. BUT I'M WORKING ON UPDATING MORE FREQUENTLY! I SWEAR! Just give me a little more time and I'll have another chapter up and going for you guys. I love you!