Chapter Three

A/N: Today I decided to be nice and give you all a little early update. I'll be posting a second chapter later tomorrow but enjoy.

Forehead kisses for you! ;*

TW: Mention of self-harm!!

Two Years Later

"I miss you," you say to your best friend over the phone.

"I miss you too. But I have a big surprise. Guess what it is!" Mars says cheerfully.

"You're getting married?" You joke.

"Oh shit. You guess pretty accurately," she giggles.

"Wait, what?!" You shriek.

"Well, Brandon proposed to me yesterday, and I said yes. I truly love him," Mars swoons.

"I'm so happy for you," you say happily, but you envy her.

"Well, our wedding is next week. It's a small wedding," she says, "but we wanted to have it soon. Since my parents aren't coming, I need you to walk me down the aisle."

"Babes, you know I'm broke," you sigh looking at your eviction notice.

"Well, Brandon says he can pay for your travel tickets if you need him to. Please, I need my best friend there," she begs.

"Fine, but I want a receipt so I can pay back every cent," you say sternly.

"Yes, ma'am," she giggles. "When can you come?"

"Well, I have until tomorrow to move out, so tomorrow?"

"What?! Y/N, I've repeatedly told you to let me know about these things! You're flying over here tonight! Pack your shit and be ready in thirteen minutes so I can get you a fucking Uber while Brandon gets you the last-minute ticket! The minute you get here, Ima beat your ass! I swear-"

You quickly pack your things knowing she was serious about her internal timer and leave her to vent to herself on your windowsill. You love Mars, of course, but she can be dramatic sometimes.

Then a thought comes to mind.

"Is Danny going to be there?"

You haven't seen the brunette boy in a year and a half due to moving halfway across the country. The contact between the two of you was good until he stopped replying to your texts. Then you both grew distant.

"Brandon says Danny said that he wasn't entirely sure yet, but that he would let us know when he can. Why?"

"No reason. Just curious," you lie.

You've missed him. That's the truth. The feeling he gave you left you craving more. You needed him, but of course, you would never say that. Ever. To anyone.

"Your Uber's outside," Mars snaps you out of your thoughts.

"Going," you say zipping up your suitcase.

"See you in four hours," Mars hangs up.

"Four- Ah, you fucking bitch!" You shout to your phone.

Walking down the stairs, you see a red Volkswagen waiting for you in front of your apartment building. You leave your keys at the front desk and receive your $2,000 deposit.

The drive is a good ten minutes, and the line for your ticket takes five. By the time you finally board the plane, it's dark outside and you're just about ready to sleep when-

"Darling?"

You look up shocked at the sight of a silver-haired man before you.

"Dan-Danny," you stutter. He sits beside you and stares at you sweetly. You narrow your eyes and smack his shoulder. "Why the hell haven't you texted me back in almost two years?!"

"I got a boyfriend and he broke my phone. I don't know people's numbers by heart and I had my number changed four times because that dude was TOX-IC!" He dramatically sounds out the words. "I'm sorry."

"You should be. I'm very upset with you," you pout and cross your arms like the child you are.

"Darling, please-"

"No," you narrow your eyes at him.

"It was an honest mistake to have not contacted you. I've just had a lot going on," he explains briefly.

"It's just..." You hesitate. "I thought you no longer wanted me in your life. I could have accepted that had you at least told me to my face. You just left without warning and that hurt."

"I know, darling. I'm sorry," he says cupping your cheek.

You lean into his touch. This is what you have missed. You barely know him, but the feeling of needing him has never left you.

Your flight is calm and soothing. You sleep against Danny's shoulder, feeling the same calming aura he gave the first night you met.

Once you've arrived back at your home city, Danny wakes you with a gentle shake and urges you to go in front of him.

When you walk off the plane, you realize a guy was looking at your butt.

*That's why he was so persistent on my going first.* You think to yourself.

"Danny, you know I hate surprises," Brandon frowns at his friends and pulls him in for a hug.

"You dumb bitch!"

You are immediately attacked by your best friend and lectured for not letting her know of your financial and living situation. Then that lecture turns into one about you being skin and bone.

"How dare you stop eating?! Look at you!"

You sigh and simply nod to everything she has to say. Danny gives you a concerned look and grabs your wrist.

"You're 20 now, and you haven't stopped?!" He whispers to you.

"Not now," you take your wrist away and pull down your sleeves.

The evening goes on with you sitting in Mars's guest bedroom while she continues to vent out how worried she's been for you. You just want to sleep, but she says that you can sleep when she's done.

"I'm just saying that next time, please let me know, babes! I love you so much, and I have no clue what I would do if something happened to you, Y/N."

"I know, I'm sorry," you sigh and sit on the edge of the bed. "Does..."

"No, I haven't told him yet," Mars smiles. "We've been talking about adopting for months, but I want it to be a surprise for Brandon. I think he'll love it."

"He definitely will," you smile. "I'm so jet-lagged; can we talk tomorrow?"

"Of course, babes. Goodnight," she gives you a forehead kiss and leaves you alone.

You sigh looking around and pull your sleeve to stare at the fresh marks on your wrist.

"You're 20 now, and you haven't stopped?!"

No, you haven't. You've tried over and over again, but it's hard. No matter how hard you've tried, it gets harder.

"Can we talk?" A soothing voice asks.

"I've been trying, Danny," you say looking up at him. "Do you know how hard it is?"

"Yes, I do, but you have to be stronger than that. You can't resort to hurting yourself every time things get tough," he says sitting beside you.

You sigh and lean against him.

"I think I just need help, helping myself," you let a tear fall.

This is what true peace and serenity feel like. It feels like floating on cloud nine and not worrying about the fall.

🖤🦔☕🦔🖤

A/N:

First chapter of today! Yay!