Chapter 2

Y/N's POV

The Warrior three, Lady Sif, Loki and I were sitting in a room, discussing what had happened to Thor.

"We should never have let him go" Said Volstagg.

"There was no stopping him" Said Sif.

"Well, at least he's only banished, not dead. Which is what we'd all be if Odin hadn't known where we had gone" Added Fandral.

"How did he even know ?" Asked Volstagg.

"I told Odin" I said.

They all looked at me shocked.

"If I hadn't, you'd all be dead or worse" I added.

Loki sat down next to me.

"I told her to go to Odin after we'd left" Said Loki.

"You told Y/N to tell Odin ?" Asked Volstagg, losing his patience.

"I saved our lives" Said Loki calmly

"We had no idea the Allfather would banish Thor" I said, defending our actions.

Lady Sif got up and walked towards us.

"Y/N, Loki you must go to the Allfather and convince him to change his mind" Said Sif with a worried tone.

"I love Thor dearly, more than any of you could understand, but you know what he is. He's arrogant. He's reckless. He's dangerous. You saw how he was today. Is that what Asgard needs from its king ?" Asked Loki.

We both got up and walked outside.

"I have something I need to tell you Y/N. Walk with me" Said Loki as we began walking down the halls.

We were headed towards Odin's treasure room when Loki started talking.

"When I was in Jotunheim, a Frost Giant grabbed my arm" He started.

"Did you get hurt ?" I asked, concern in my voice.

He took a deep breath.

"When the Frost Giant grabbed my arm, it turned blue. I think Odin is hiding something from me"

I looked at him shocked.

"You believe Odin has been lying to you for over a thousand years ?"

"I'm afraid so. Now I must get the Jotunheim casket to confirm my suspicions" He said as he opened the treasure room's doors.

As we walked down the hallway, I grabbed Loki's hand. As we made it to the relic we were looking for, he let go if my hand and lifted the casket in the air.

"Stop !" Said a voice behind us, it was Odin.

"Am I cursed ?" Asked Loki, his skin blue and his eyes red. He was right. Odin was a liar.

"No" Answered Odin.

"What am I ?"

"You're my son"

"What more than that ?" He said as his skin returned to its usual colour

"The casket wasn't the only thing you took from Jotunheim that day was it ?" Loki asked, slowly walking towards Odin.

"No. In the aftermath of the battle I went into the temple and I found a baby. Small for a giant's offspring. Abandoned, suffering, left to die. Laufey's son" Said Odin.

"Laufey's son" Loki repeated.

"Yes"

Loki's breath became shaky, he looked confused. He didn't move. I couldn't blame him, if I had just learned that my whole life was a lie, my reaction would not be much different. Then again, I didn't know where I came from.

"Why ? You were knee-deep in Jotun blood, why would you take me ?" Asked Loki, walking towards Odin as I watched from the side.

"You were an innocent child, I took you in like I took Y/N in" Said Odin calmly.

"No. You took me for a purpose. What was it ?" Loki was struggling to breathe.

Odin didn't answer.

"Tell me !" Loki shouted.

"I thought we could unite our kingdom one day. Bring about an alliance, bring about permanent peace, trough you" Said Odin, finally admitting the truth.

"What ?"

"But those plans no longer matter"

Loki started crying.

"So I am no more than another stolen relic, locked up here until you might have use of me" He said, his voice breaking.

"Why are you twisting my words ?"

"You could have told me what I was from the beginning. Why didn't you ?"

"You're my son. I wanted only to protect you from the truth."

"B-Because I-I'm the monster parents tell their children about at night ?"

"No, no" Said Odin getting tired.

"You know it all makes sense now ! Why you favoured Thor all these years ! Because no matter how much you claim to love me, you could never have a frost giant sitting on the throne of Asgard" Screamed Loki.

Odin began to have trouble breathing. He slowly sat down on the stairs. I ran towards him. Loki soon stood over Odin who had gone into Odin's sleep.

Loki realized what he had done, and regret covered his face immediately.

"Guards ! Please help !" Loki screamed

We both had tears in our eyes. This could be the last time we saw him.

As the guards brought Odin to his room, Loki ran off to our room

I followed him. As I opened the door, I saw him sitting on the bed, his head in his hands. I sat next to him.

"Y/N, stay away from me, I'm a monster"

"You are not a monster"

"How do you know that !" He said getting up and looking at me.

"It doesn't matter if you're a Frost Giant, it doesn't change who you are. You're still the person I fell in love with all those years ago"

Loki sat back down next to me.

"If it makes you feel any better, I don't know who my parents are. Odin doesn't know either" I said.

"I'm sorry" He apologized.

"Its alright" I said as I hugged him. He put his arms around me.

"I don't know what I would do without you, my darling"

A guard walked inside. We let go of each other.

"I hope I am not interrupting anything. I have come to announce that Odin has fallen into Odin's sleep. We do not know when he will wake up. Since Prince Thor has been banished, the throne is passed to you until Odin wakes up, King Loki"

Even if Loki was sad about what had just happened to Odin, he was happy to take over as King.

"Lady Y/N will rule by your side as the Allmother, can only rule on Asgard if the Allfather lives" Said the guard before leaving.

"We should go to the throne room, My Queen" Loki said getting up and offering me his hand.

"We should, My King"

Published : 28-05-21
Number of Words: 1079
Edited : 04-03-22