Chapter 11

Y/N's POV

We stayed on our small ship, unsure of where the elves were. Thor tried to wake up Jane, but she was too tired.

"What I could do with the power that flows trough those veins" Loki said, looking at Thor and his lover.

"It would consume you" Thor answered back.

"She's holding up all right, for now" Loki said.

"She's strong in ways you'd never know" Thor answered in a dark tone.

"Say goodbye" Loki said.

"Loki" I whispered, in a way, telling him to stop since this was a sensitive topic for Thor.

"Not this day" Thor said, getting progressively more angry.

"This day, the next, a hundred years, it's nothing. It's a heartbeat. You'll never be ready. The woman whose love you've prized will be snatched from you"

"And will that satisfy you ?" Thor said loosing any patience he had left patience.

"Son of Odin..." Loki's sentence was cut off before he could finish.

"No. Not just Odin" Thor said getting up and walking closer to Loki and I.

"You think you alone were loved of mother ? You had her tricks, but I had her trust"

"Trust ? Was that her last expression ? Trust ? When you let her die ?" Loki said.

"What help were you in your cell ?" Thor asked.

"Who put me there ?" Loki screamed.

Thor grabbed Loki's shoulders.

"Enough !" I screamed.

Both their heads turned to face me.

"It wasn't your fault Thor, you couldn't have known what would happen. It wasn't your fault either Loki, you were in your cell, you couldn't have done anything. If it's someone's fault, it's mine" I said calmly.

They stayed silent until I continued.

"I knew she would do something reckless. I knew she would try to sacrifice herself. But unlike the both of you, I had the chance to save her and I didn't" I fell to my knees.

Loki sat beside me on the floor of the ship and put his arms around me.

"It wasn't your fault Y/N. If you had tried to save her, you both would've been killed" He said trying to comfort me.

"Now, we have the chance to avenge her. Let's not waste it" Loki said, seriously.

We got up and stood there until we arrived at our destination. Thor looked Loki.

"I wish I could trust you" Thor said to him.

"Trust my Rage" Loki said holding my hand.

~

We were almost there. Soon we would battle Malekith and the Dark Elves. Jane had woken up. Because of the Aether she could sense the Dark Elves's presence.

Our ship landed and we got out. We walked until we made it to a small sand cliff. The Dark Elves were right in front of us. It took me all I had not to run towards them and kill them where they stood. Loki casted a spell projecting illusions onto our bodies. All we needed to do now, was to play our parts.

"You know this plan of your is gonna get us killed" Loki told Thor.

"Yes, possibly"

Loki held his hands in front of Thor, telling him to remove the chains he had around his wrists ever since we left the palace.