Bonus Chapter III : Alternate Ending #2

(This chapter is NOT canon to the main plot of Goddess or the first alternate ending)

"You should choose your words more wisely" Thanos said as he grabbed Loki's neck, lifting him up from the ground. Thanos began slowly choking him.

I tried running towards them, but one of Thanos's guards held me back. I tried using my power on the guard, but they made sure to keep me far away.

"Loki ! Let him go !" I screamed, pain in my voice.

Loki tried to get out of Thanos's grip, but he was unable to. His face became blue.

I started crying.

"Stop !"

"You... will... never be... a god" Loki said to Thanos.

Loki looked at me one last time, a sad smile on his face, before dying.

Thanos let him go and he fell to the floor.

"No !" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

The guard let go of me and walked towards the Titan. I fell to my knees, sobbing. I hadn't even realized that our attackers had left.

I felt a pair of arms holding me. I opened my eyes and looked at the person behind me.

"Loki... ? H-How ?"

"Illusions, like always"

I held him close to me, as if I would never let go. I heard someone running towards us.

"We don't have much time !" Thor said as we got up.

I had trouble getting up because of all the emotions. Loki quickly grabbed me and carried me while running alongside Thor in search of an exit.

There was no where to go. No escape pods, no smaller ships. Nothing.

"It's... It's going to explode" Loki confirmed.

"We just have to be ready" Thor said as he found a distress beacon and activated it.

Not even a second later, the ship blew up.

~

I gasped.

I was in a smaller ship. When I looked at my surroundings I saw multiple people pointing weapons at me. I held my hands in the air as a sign that I meant no harm.

Beside me were Loki and Thor, still unconscious.

"Are you the ones who activated the distress signal ?" A Midgardian man asked, his weapon still pointed at me.

"Yes, we are"

"Who are you ?" A woman asked.

"We are..."

"Gods from Asgard" Loki answered as he got up.

"Great. We can get you back there and then we can discuss payment. Asgardians are pretty rich" A racoon-like creature laughed.

"Asgard... Was destroyed, it is no more"

"That's why you were floating in space ?"

"No... Our ship was attacked by a Titan. Thanos" I said.

Everyone turned to look at the woman while they lowered their weapons.

"Why would he attack you ?" She asked.

"We... I had an infinity stone" Loki said looking at the floor with guilt.

Thor suddenly got up, screaming and ready to attack.

"Who the hell are you guys ?" Thor asked.

"We are the Guardians of the Galaxy" The Midgardian man said proudly with a smile.

~

Five years ago, we were attacked by the Mad Titan. We thought it was the end of Asgard. But in truth, it was just a new beginning for our people.

We found refuge on Midgard. Because of Thor's help in saving the planet multiple times, we were given a small town. New Asgard, that's we called it.

It took some time for Midgardians to get used to us, especially Loki and I after the... Incident a few years ago.

After finding other Asgardians who had managed to escape, and bringing them here, our community had grown quite a lot. Our village had also become quite the tourist spot.

Today was the opening day of a play dedicated to the story of New Asgard and the events leading up to it.

I was already at my seat. I looked at the time and wondered if they'd make it in time.

I heard someone sitting down next to me.

"I thought you'd be late" I said.

"We wouldn't do that. Vál couldn't wait to get here !" Loki said.

"Does it start soon ?" Váli asked with a gigantic smile as he sat down on Loki's lap.

"In a few minutes"

The curtains were lifted and revealed four actors. Loki, Thor, Hela and me.

The performers looked nothing like us and the way they spoke was obviously written to make the play more interesting.

"Is that you ?" Váli whispered to his father.

"A poor imitation of me, yes"

I laughed.

The actress portraying Hela had trouble destroying Mjolnir so she hit the prop on the wall next to her quickly.

"Is that how she destroyed uncle Thor's hammer ?" Váli asked.

"What do you think ?" I asked him.

"I don't think so... Uncle Thor told me that before he had Stormbreaker he had a hammer named... Mojolnear"

"Mjolnir, it was called Mjolnir" Loki corrected.

Loki loved being a parent. It changed him. He was still mischievous, but he was less reckless and more protective of everything. He spent all of his time with Váli from the moment he was born. I could see how much he loved his son.

~

We walked trough the town, Váli ran ahead of us.

"I never thought this would be our future" Loki said.

"Living on Midgard ?" I asked with a smile.

"No, just... Happily"

"What do you mean ?"

"My jealousy for Thor had us imprisoned, separated and almost killed. I'm happy with the way things are. I just never expected our lives to go like this, I was happily proved wrong. I couldn't have asked for better"

"Do you ever miss Asgard ?"

"Yes, of course. I wish Váli could have seen it. He'd be amazed. Plus, Midgard is not as developed as Asgard was"

"I think you just miss the Golden Palace" I said with a laugh.

Váli overheard me and ran back toward us.

"A Golden Palace ?!" He asked, curiously.

"Yes, that's where we used to live. Before you were born" Loki explained.

"Will you tell me about it ?"

"Of course ! It was gigantic and the exterior was made of pure Asgardian gold" Loki said as he began walking with Vál.

I smiled.

This was my life, and it was perfect.

Published : 05-04-23
Number of Words : 1036