Chapter 7

Y/N's POV

We were at Stark tower. The Chitauri would arrive soon enough. Everything was going according to plan.

We were standing on the balcony looking at the city. Stark landed on a platform on the other side of the building and looked at us. His Iron suit was being taken apart by robotic hands. We all walked inside the building.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to our humanity" Said Loki.

"Actually I'm planning to threaten you" Said Stark as he stood behind a bar.

"You should have left on your armour for that" I said.

"Yeah, and you've got the glow stick of destiny. Would you like a drink ?" He asked casually.

"Stalling us won't change anything"

"No, no. Threatening. No drink ? You sure ? I'm having one" Stark began to make himself a drink.

"The Chitauri are coming. Nothing will change that. What do we have to fear ?" Asked Loki.

"The Avengers"

"The Avengers ?" I asked intrigued.

"That's what we call ourselves. We're sort of like a team. 'Earth's mightiest heroes' type of thing"

"Yes, I've met them"

"Yeah. It takes us a while to get any traction. I'll give you that one. But let's do a head count, here" Stark began to walk towards us.

"Your Brother or whatever the relationship is, the demigod. A super soldier, a living legend, who kind of lives up to the legend. A man with breathtaking anger-management issues. A couple of master assassins. And you guys, managed to piss off every single one of them"

"That was the plan"

"Not a great plan. When they come, and they will, they'll come for you"

"We have an army"

"We have a Hulk"

"I thought the beast had wandered off"

"You're missing the point. There is no throne. There is no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes and maybe it's to much for us, but it's all on you. Because if we can't protect Earth, you can be damn well sure we'll avenge it"

We walked closer to Stark.

"How will your friends have time for us, when they are so busy fighting you" Loki said as he placed the tip of his scepter to touch Stark's heart and control his mind.

The only thing that was heard was the sound of metal touching. The stone inside the sceptre had no effect on Stark.

"This usually works"

"Well, performance issues, it's not uncommon. One out of five"

Loki grabbed Stark's face violently and dragged him towards the window.

"You will all fall before me. Before us" Loki said

"Y/N, you try to control him" Loki said.

I extended my arms and F/C mist could be seen from the tips of my hands.

"Deploy !" Stark screamed

We heard robotic sounds. Before anything could happen, Loki threw Stark out of the building, trough the window.

"He was not worth it"

A red capsule soon followed Stark while he was falling and his Iron Man suit appeared on his body. He was able to stop his fall.