Chapter 3

Y/N's POV

As we made it to the throne room, Frigga was waiting for us, she wanted us to go see the Allfather with her.

When we entered the room, Frigga sat down on a chair next to Odin's bed. On the other side of the bed were two other chairs for us to sit in.

"I asked him to be honest with you since the beginning. There should be no secrets in a family" Said Frigga, referring to Loki's origins.

"Then why did he lie ?" Asked Loki.

"He kept the truth from you so that you would never feel different. You are our son, and we are your family. You must know that"

Loki looked at his father, Frigga noticed.

"You can talk to him. He can see and hear us even now"

"How long will it last ?" I asked.

"I don't know. This time it's different. We were unprepared"

"I never get used to seeing him like this. The most powerful being in the nine realms, lying helpless until his body is restored" Whispered Loki.

"You're a good son. We mustn't lose hope that your father and your brother will soon return to us"

"What hope is there for Thor ?" Asked Loki.

"There is always purpose to everything your father does. Thor may find a way home" She answered calmly.

Loki got up and walked towards the door. I followed him, but before we could reach the door, someone opened it from the outside.

On the other side guards had lined up, and were bowing. A man with a gold cape walked inside the room, he held Odin's staff. He bowed in front of Loki and held the staff, waiting for Loki to reach and take it.

Loki carefully took the staff. The guards and the man with the gold cape left.

Frigga nodded at Loki.

"We must get going. Thank you Mother" Said Loki holding his hand out for me to take.

~

We had made it to the throne room, Loki sat on the throne and I stood next to him.

"Don't you think this is nice ?" He asked.

"I think the titles are a bit much"

"What do you mean ?" He asked, intrigued

"Loki Odinson, current King of Asgard, Prince of Jotunheim, God of Mischief and Lies. Don't you think the title is too long ?"

"Well I actually quite like my title. Minus the 'Prince of Jotunheim' part. Don't you like your title ? Y/N, current Queen of Asgard, Goddess of Love" He asked with a smile.

I smiled back.

Lady Sif and the Warrior Three made their way towards us. They bowed down, not even taking the time to look at the people standing in front of them.

"Allfather, Allmother, we must speak with you urgently" Said Lady Sif loudly.

As they looked at us, their face showed a confused and shocked expression.

"My friends" Loki said calmly.

"Where's Odin ?" Asked Fandral, with a slight frustration in his voice. The warriors walked closer to us.

"Father has fallen into Odin's sleep. Mother fears he may never awaken again" Loki said dramatically.

"We will speak with her" Said Sif, completely ignoring Loki.

"She has refused to leave my father's bedside. You can bring your urgent matter to me" Loki said as he got up.

"Your King" He added in a more serious tone.

Slowly the warriors all started bowing.

"My king, we would ask that you end Thor's banishment"

Loki laughed.

"My first command cannot be to undo the Allfather's last. We're on the brink of war with Jotunheim. Our people need a sense of continuity, in order to feel safe during these difficult times" Loki got up and walked towards the warriors.

"All of us must stand together, for the good of Asgard" He finished.

Sif quickly got up, angry and ready to attack. Fandral grabbed her wrist, stopping her from doing anything she would later regret.

"Yes, of course" Said Fandral.

"Good, then you will wait for my word" Said Loki becoming annoyed with Thor's friends.

"If I may, beg the indulgence of your Majesty to perhaps reconsider..." Said Volstagg, trying to be as respectful as possible.

"We're done !" Loki said loudly.

The warriors all slowly left. Only Sif was left. I walked towards her and I put a hand on her forehead. I used my manipulation powers on her.

"Alert me if the Warriors and yourself decide to do anything to bring Thor back" I whispered so that Loki wouldn't hear me.

I waited until Sif left before talking to Loki.

"Perhaps we could at least, go see Thor and make sure he's alright" I proposed.

Loki looked at me with a confused expression.

Even if Loki didn't like Thor, he was still his brother.

"You might even find Mjolnir" I said.

"You're right. I'll tell him father died and I'll take Mjolnir."

He walked towards me and kissed my cheek.

"You're so smart, darling. Now, we must go to the Bifrost immediately"

I sighed. That's not quite what I had intended to do.

~

We had made it to Midgard. Thor was locked in a room, sitting on a chair by himself. As a man in a black suit left the room Thor was in, Loki teleported us inside.

"Thor" I said giving him a hug.

"What are you two doing here ?" He asked, shocked.

As I walked back towards Loki, he put an arm around my waist.

"We had to come see you"

"What's happened ? Tell me. Is it Jotunheim ? Let me explain to father"

"Father is dead" As Loki said that, I had to keep myself from telling the truth and ruining his plan.

"What ?"

"Your banishment, the threat of a new war, it was too much for him to bear. You mustn't blame yourself. I know you loved him. I tried to tell him so, but he wouldn't listen. It was so cruel to put the hammer within your reach, knowing that you could never lift it. The burden of the throne has fallen to us now"

"Can I come home ?" Asked Thor, scared to hear the answer to his question.

"The truce with Jotunheim is conditional upon your exile"

"Yes, but couldn't we find a way ?" Thor's voice started breaking.

"Mother has forbidden your return. This is goodbye brother. I'm sorry"

"No. I am sorry. Thank you for coming here. I hope the two of you lead a happy life"

A single tear fell from my eye. Loki teleported us outside of the room.

As we walked around, trying to find Mjolnir, Loki noticed that I was not happy either with the banishment.

"It had to be done. He was a threat to Asgard" He stated.

"Are you certain you won't lift the banishment simply out of jealousy ?"

Published : 31-05-21
Number of Words: 1142
Edited : 04-03-22