Chapter 15

Y/N's POV

When I woke up, I was bound to a chair. Thor was also on a chair next to me. Everything was dark. I couldn't see much.

Soon, a recording explaining what had happened started playing. We were on Sakaar. A planet on which 'unloved things' were left to rot. After the recording, Thor was screaming and was trying to get out of his chair.

Suddenly, we were in front of the Grandmaster. Next to him was the woman who captured us and another woman.

"They're wonderful" Said the Grandmaster to the woman who captured us.

"I love when you come to visit, 142. You bring me the best stuff. Whenever we get to talking, Topaz, about scrapper 142, what do I always say ?" They continued their conversation, ignoring us completely.

"What have you brought today ?" The Grandmaster asked 142.

"Contenders"

"What ?" Thor said loudly.

"I need to go closer. I want a closer look at this" Topaz, the other woman, pushed the Grandmaster's chair closer to us. He looked at us for a while before he finally spoke up.

"Pay this lady" The Grandmaster said pointing at 142.

"Just wait a minute" I said.

"We are not for sale !" Thor said managing to break his restraints, only for them to go back to their original place, restraining him once more.

"He's a fighter" Said the Grandmaster.

After his brief conversation with 142, the Grandmaster got up from his seat and walked towards us.

"Here's what I want to know. Who are you ?" He asked the both of us.

"I am the god of thunder !" Thor screamed.

"What about you ?"

Unlike Thor, I thought reasoning with the Grandmaster calmly would be more helpful.

"I am Y/N of Asgard. Goddess of Love" I said.

"Interesting"

Our chairs began to follow the Grandmaster as he walked in another room. In the room, another man was bound to a chair like ours. He seemed terrified.

"P-Please. I'm sorry" Said the man crying.

"Carlo, I pardon you" The Grandmaster said.

"T-Thank you" The man said with a hopeful tone.

"I pardon you of life" The Grandmaster said as he touched the man with a staff. The man began to scream as he was disintegrated.

"What happened to my manners ? I haven't properly introduced myself" Said the Grandmaster forgetting about the man he just killed.

We were transported into a different room. A party seemed to be going on.

"My name is Grandmaster. I preside over a little harlequinade called the contest of champions. People come from far and wide to unwillingly participate in it. And you my friends, might just be part of the new cast"

"We're not friends and I don't give a shit about your games. We're going back to Asgard" Thor said frustrated.

At this point I stopped paying attention. The grandmaster and Thor kept on insulting each other.

There was only one thing on my mind. Asgard. Would we make it in time and save everyone ? Would we even go back there ? Or were we stuck here forever ? What was Hela going to do ? Where was Loki ?