Chapter 25

Y/N's POV

We walked inside the store. Loki and I were soaked from the rain. I put my hand on Loki's head and messed with his hair. He grabbed my wrist and used his powers to dry us both.

"Thank you" I said.

"Well, wouldn't want you to catch a cold. Especially not now" He said.

"What was that ?" B-15 asked, a little defensive.

"That was me using magic to dry our clothes. I don't want to announce myself with squeaky footstep like rest of you" Loki said with a sarcastic tone.

"Remember, when we sneaked out of the palace to walk in the rain at night, and when we came back everyone had woken up" I said with a laugh.

"Well it wouldn't have happened if you hadn't slipped and dragged me with you" Loki said with a chuckle.

The lights in the store flickered.

"No time for chitchat. Take both teams and sweep the storm shelter" B-15 commanded.

"Loki, Y/N and I are gonna check out the greenhouse. We'll meet-" Mobius was cut off by B-15.

"No"

"No ?" Mobius answered back.

"You go with D-90. They stay with me"

"They're under my supervision" Mobius said trying to defend his point.

"This is my field op Mobius"

"I want them with me"

"You are welcome to go back at the TVA and litigate with Renslayer, but right now-" B-15 was cut off by Mobius who was getting more angry by the second.

"We're here, we're not going back. The variant is here !"

"Mobius, it's fine. It's fine. We'll go with her" Loki said as we walked towards B-15.

Mobius walked away with his team as we walked towards the greenhouse.

"I'm glad we're spending this time together" Loki said trying to annoy the hunter.

"Quiet"

We heard a noise coming from one of the stores isles. We walked towards the sound and we saw a man looking at plants.

"Hey !" B-15 said trying to get his attention.

He turned around to face us. He was shocked when he saw us, but he quickly went back to being calm.

"What are you doing ?" B-15 asked the man.

"Shopping for plants"

"In this storm ?" Loki asked.

"It's a hurricane sale"

"Could that be you ?" B-15 asked Loki.

"I mean, I probably would have worn a suit but, yes, maybe" Loki answered.

B-15 walked towards the man. He grabbed her wrist and green magic flowed trough the hunter as the suspect fell to the floor.

The variant in B-15's body turned around to face us.

"Is he dead ?" I asked.

I heard the variant gulp loudly.

"N-No. They usually survive" They answered.

I was surprised. The variant seemed nervous, but after a couple sentences their calm attitude came back.

"So you're the people the TVA brought to bring me down ?" They asked.