Chapter 34

Y/N's POV

We walked inside the house. The walls were made of black and gold marble. If I weren't extremely angry or scared, I would've took some time to admire the architecture.

We only had time to take a couple of steps before something appeared in front of us.

"Hey y'all !" It was Miss Minutes.

Sylvie and Loki took out their respective swords and I conjured two daggers as we pointed our weapons at the orange clock.

"Welcome to the Citadel at the end of time. Congratulations. Y'all had an awfully long journey to get here. He's impressed" She said.

"Who's impressed ?" Sylvie asked in a threatening tone.

"He who remains" Miss Minutes answered.

"And who is he ?" I asked.

"He created all and he controls all. At the end, it is only he who remains and he wants to offer you a deal. He's been making a few creative adjustments and he's worked it out so we can reinsert all of y'all back into the timeline in a way that won't disrupt things" Miss Minutes explained.

"Won't disrupt things ?" Sylvie said, slightly intrigued.

"The TVA can keep doin' its vital work and y'all can live the lives you've always wanted"

"What have we always wanted ?" Loki asked.

"Now don't play coy with me, mister. You know how you got into this mess. The battle of New York, silly. You and Y/N versus those self-righteous Avengers. How would you two like to win ? But not just there. You can kill Thanos, before he kills you two. You want the infinity gauntlet ? Yours. Throne of Asgard ? No problem. What about you, Sylvie ? All those years on the run, how would you like to wake up tomorrow with just a lifetime of happy memories ? How about we bring you girlfriend back from Valhalla, as you call it ?"

"All of us on the timeline ?" I said.

"It's crazy, but he could make it work. All of it. Everything. Exactly the way you've wanted" Miss Minutes said.

"It's fiction" Sylvie said.

"We write our own destiny now" Loki said.

"Oh, sure you do. Good luck with that" Miss Minutes said as she disappeared.

We walked trough the silent hallways. It was dark and there was no one.

Loki touched dust that was on some furniture.

"Are we sure he's even still alive ?" Loki said.

We heard a door opening. We walked in front of the door and pointed our weapons at it.

Inside was a man who looked happy and excited.

"This is wild" He said with a laugh as he slowly walked towards us.

"He who remains" Sylvie said.

"He who remains. She still calls me that ? Creepy, right ? But, I like it. Come on let's talk in my office"

We walked inside an elevator with the man, our weapons pointed at him the entire time.

"Not what you were expecting, huh ?" He said.

"You're just a man" Loki said.