Bonus Chapter II : Alternate Ending #1

(This chapter is NOT canon to the main plot of Goddess) (You might need to read Chapter 19 for context) 

Y/N's POV

"You should choose your words more wisely" Thanos said as he grabbed Loki's neck, lifting him up from the ground. Thanos began choking Loki.

I tried running towards them, but one of Thanos's guards held me back. I tried using my power on the guard, but they made sure to keep me far away.

"Loki ! Let him go !" I screamed, pain in my voice.

Loki tried to get out of Thanos's grip, but he was unable to. His face became blue.

I started crying.

"Stop !"

"You... will... never be... a god" Loki said to Thanos.

Loki looked at me one last time, a sad smile on his face, before dying.

Thanos let him go, he fell to the floor.

"No !" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

The guard let go of me and walked towards the Titan. I fell to my knees sobbing. I hadn't even realized that our attackers had left.

I heard someone run towards me. It was Thor.

"We don't have much time" He said as he tried to help me up but I refused.

Thor looked at the explosions around us and lifted me up as he began running. I looked back at Loki, trying to stop Thor, but it was useless.

When the ship exploded, Thor and I flew in space with the corpses of our people for a while, until we hit the windshield of a ship.

The people inside helped us as we slowly passed out.

~

When I woke up I was laying down on a table. I suddenly felt nauseous. I managed to puke on the floor and not on the table I was on. I looked around and saw a group of people surrounding me with their weapons in hand.

"Sorry..." I said.

Thor woke up moments after.

"Who the hell are you guys ?" Thor asked the ship's crew.

After the crew had introduced themselves as the Guardians of the Galaxy, they offered Thor and I food.

"The entire time I was with Thanos, he only had one goal, to bring balance to the universe by wiping out half of all life. He used to kill people planet by planet, massacre by massacre. If he gets all six infinity stones he could do it with the snap of his fingers" Gamora explained.

"You seem to know a great deal about Thanos" Thor said.

"Gamora is the daughter of Thanos" Drax said.

"Your father killed my husband" I said.

"I'm sorry" She said looking down.

"It's not your fault" I answered.

"We need to stop the Titan" Thor said.

~

It had been five years since Loki had been killed. 5 years since the murder of hundreds of Asgardians at the hands of Thanos. But it had been two week since we killed Thanos and brought everyone back from the blip.

Since then, our people had found refuge on Midgard. We had created our own community, New Asgard.

I was sitting outside, looking at the sea with Valkyrie. She had been crowned king by Thor a week ago.

"So, how are you handling your royal duties ?" I asked.

"It's a lot of work for my first week" She said with a sigh.

"Well, you better get used to it" I laughed.

I heard someone running towards us. I turned around to see who it was.

"Váli, stop running, you'll trip and get hurt" I said.

He slowed down and walked next to me. I took my son and sat him on my lap.

"Good afternoon, my prince. To what do we owe your presence today ?" Valkyrie asked, playfully.

"I wanted to watch the sea with you" The five year old answered.

We watched the waves silently.

"Can you tell me a story about him ?" Váli asked.

"About who ?"

"My father"

"I'll tell you one" Valkyrie said as she turned around to face us.

"Your father, your uncle and your mother were all stuck on a planet named Sakaar and they were desperately trying to leave to go back to Asgard. At the time, I worked for the planet's leader. He had ordered your parents and I to find your uncle. As soon as we had been given the order, I got in a fight with your father. We fought until I managed to knock him out. I then found your uncle and his friend Bruce. And with everyone's help we managed to get off the planet and we later formed the Revengers, saviours of Asgard"

"No one called us that" I said, laughing.

"Thor did. If you don't believe me, go ask him"

"Alright" I said as we all got up and walked to Thor's house.

Thor would leave very soon so the house was mostly empty. Valkyrie knocked.

"Who is it ?" Someone inside asked.

"It's your king"

Thor opened the door and looked at us. He grabbed Váli and held him in his arms.

"And my favourite nephew !"

"He's your only nephew" I said.

"Still. What bring you all here ?"

"She doesn't believe that our group used to be called 'The Revengers'" Valkyrie said, pointing at me.

"It was. I named it myself. Because... because we were all getting revenge... except Banner" Thor said, trying to remember the events.

"Did you fight monsters ?" Váli asked.

"Yes ! We fought a giant wolf and some undead soldiers. And your Aun-" Thor decided to leave out Hela from his story.

"Did you win ?"

"What ? Of course we won"

"Not for long" Valkyrie whispered.

Before Thor could argue with Valkyrie about what happened next, I decided it was time to leave.

"Well, we must get going. I'm sure we all have things to attend to"

"Right" Thor said as we all left.

"When you're older, I'll tell you all about my adventures during my time serving the previous king" Valkyrie told Váli.

"Really ?" He asked, excited.

"Really"

I said goodbye to Valkyrie and we walked back to our house.

"Where is my father ?" Váli asked.

His question caught me off guard.

"He's in Valhalla now"

"Will I ever see him ?"

"Maybe one day"

Published : 25-07-22
Number of Words : 1046