006

december 23rd, 2023
8:18 pm

JOSHUA LET OUT AN ANNOYED SIGH AS HE TURNED the volume up on the wide flatscreen hung up on the wall

Ayoluwa was blasting music from their bedroom and singing along, effectively leaving Joshua unable to properly hear the tv show he was trying to watch.

He continued to press the up button on the black remote in an effort to drown out her voice.

"God, shut up." Joshua muttered to himself as he settled more into the sofa.

From his position on the couch, Joshua could faintly see Ayoluwa move around the room, clearly holding something in her arms as she sang.

Once the show had gone to commercial, Joshua got up, stalked over to their shared room and turned her speaker completely off.

Ayoluwa's back was turned as she was throwing clothes into a medium sized red suitcase while humming Beyoncé's Disappear.

"You know I couldn't hear the tv, right?" Joshua asked in an annoyed tone.

Ayoluwa didn't turn around, "My bad."

Joshua glanced down at the half full suitcase, "Where are you going?"

"L.A." Ayoluwa replied, still not looking at him, "I have nothing planned until the new year and if I leave tonight, I'll be there just in time for Christmas Eve. It's not too late to come with me, you know? I can buy your ticket for you."

Joshua shook his head adamantly at the suggestion, "Nah. It's much too late for that."

"It's really not an issue. But since you insist on not coming, your gi-." Ayoluwa started to say but Joshua could hear that his tv show had returned and quickly left the room to continue watching it.

"Hey. Hey!" Ayoluwa followed him to the living room, "I'm talking to you. It's rude to just walk off in the middle of my-."

Joshua rolled his eyes and put one hand up to stop her, "Just talk on commercials."

Ayoluwa narrowed her eyes, snatched the remote from the couch and turned the tv completely off.

Joshua ripped the remote from her hand roughly and Ayoluwa let out a yelp.

Joshua immediately glanced at her hand and then backed up.

His fingernails had dug into her skin accidentally, leaving three slightly bloody marks.