032

march 26th, 2024
3:03 pm

JOSHUA HUMMED DRAKE'S Best I Ever Had as he ripped open the top of the box that contained parts for a white sleigh crib

He was sitting in the middle of, what was once a guest room, now painted a grayish blue and fished around for the instructions to put it together.

"Do I need a screwdriver for this shit?" Joshua muttered to himself, "This shit is confusing."

Halfheartedly, Joshua flipped the box over so that the pieces of the still unassembled crib would fall out onto the hardwood floor.

Joshua had started to reach for one of the longer pieces when a loud banging on his front door radiated throughout the apartment.

"What the fuck?" Joshua asked as he slowly rose to his feet.

He wasn't expecting anyone so he was a little confused as to who could be knocking so boisterously on his door.

The loud knocking continued prompting Joshua to quicken his pace to the entryway hall.

Joshua opened the door to a clearly angry Letitia, her tongue balled in her cheek.

"Where have you been? You've been dodging me lately."

"What are you doing here? I didn't invite you over here." Joshua replied, "Who buzzed you in?"

Letitia rolled her eyes and stormed past Joshua into his place of residence.

"Um..." Joshua trailed off as he closed the door.

"Are you and her back together?" Letitia whirled around, narrowly missing Joshua's bare chest with the ends of her braids.

"What's making you ask that?" Joshua raised an eyebrow at the fury in her tone.

Letitia stuck her phone in Joshua's face, showing an instagram shade page.

The picture was of Joshua and Ayoluwa a couple of nights ago at the steakhouse, sitting across from each other.

She was clearly amused, laughing at one of the countless jokes that Joshua had cracked that night while Joshua himself was pictured staring at her on his side of the table, clearly besotted by Ayoluwa's presence.

"Oh. That." Joshua said in a casual tone.

"'Oh. That.' Yeah. I mean... Like what the fuck are you doing, Jay?" Letitia asked.