036

april 8th, 2024
11:28 pm

JOSHUA WAS CONFUSED AS TO why Ayoluwa had called him to her home this late at night

Maybe it was because she remembered his practice times or there was something wrong with the baby?

No, no. She would call me if there was a problem with Nas.

Joshua slowly treaded up the steps to her home and rung the doorbell.

She answered after approximately twenty seconds, in a black Bape hoodie that Joshua had given her a couple of years ago, "Hey. Sorry to invite you over this late. I've only been home for about an hour, today was crazy."

Joshua smiled as he stepped into the house around her, "It's fine."

Citrus scented candles were lit up and placed around the kitchen, providing the only light in the room.

"Um, what's with the ambiance?" Joshua asked.

"I just like the smell. It calms me. Can you sit?" Ayoluwa gestured to the couch surrounded by various plants.

"Okay," Joshua followed her direction and planted himself on the couch, "What's up, Palmer?"

Ayoluwa rubbed her hands together in a nervous manner, "Um... I don't know how to tell you this. I almost don't want to."

Joshua gave her a curious expression and she blew out a breath, "Do you want to raise Nas here?"

Joshua raised a brow, a bit confused now, "I mean... I don't really have a choice do I?"

She pursed her lips, "The album is finished and I don't really have a reason to stay in this city anymore."

Joshua slowly rose from the couch, "You're leaving?"

Ayoluwa sighed, "I'm just considering it. Nothing's permanent right now. It's just a thought."

"But what about me? I'm contracted to the Nets for three more years!" Joshua argued.

"That's why I wanted to talk about it with you. Do you like this city enough to raise our kid here?"

"Palmer, I can't leave." Joshua replied, "And I think we at least need to be on the same side of the country."

"You're not answering the question, Josh." Ayoluwa countered.

Joshua was a little frustrated and it showed in his tone, "It doesn't matter if I like this city or not, Ayo. What's with the change of mind anyway?"