010

december 28th, 2023
1:02 pm

december 28th, 20231:02 pm

"YOU HAVE A NICE PLACE." Letitia said as she walked ahead of Joshua into the penthouse.

"Thanks." Joshua replied as he strode into the kitchen to charge his phone, "Give me two seconds. I just wanna change my shoes before we go back to that park."

Letitia nodded as she continued to look around at all the furniture and the art.

She drifted over to the black Steinway, "You play piano? You didn't tell me that."

"Uh, yeah. I dabble," Joshua rubbed his neck sheepishly.

Letitia sat down at the piano and lifted the case to reveal the keys.

"Don't touch my piano." Ayoluwa's voice sounded from the front entry way causing Joshua and Letitia to both look towards the front door.

Ayoluwa was dressed in a long black coat, half of her locs pulled up into a ponytail and Dior and Shareef on either side of her, their pissed off expressions matching hers.

"Ah, shit." Joshua muttered lowly.

"What? Wait, you're Ayoluwa Palmer! I loved your first album. I'm a big, big fan." Letitia exclaimed, a slightly starstruck look on her face.

"Oh, you are, huh?" Ayoluwa chuckled but her laugh was humorless.

Suddenly, Joshua had the deep urge to run.

Clearly bringing Letitia to his place was a mistake and he should've just kept hanging out with her anywhere else but here.

"What are you doing back so early?" Joshua called to his girlfriend, "I thought you said you were gonna be in L.A until the new year?"

"I live here." Ayoluwa said slowly and in a blank tone, "Or did you forget?"

"No, you don't. This is Jay's place." Letitia replied as she rose from the piano.

Shareef screwed up his face at that, "Jay? Why are you calling Josh, Jay?"

"Because that's his name." Letitia replied in a 'duh' tone.

"Let me get this straight," Ayoluwa stepped forward a little, her eyes on Joshua, "You claim to be a fan of mine and yet you didn't know that Josh is my boyfriend? You really expect me to believe that?"

Letitia turned to Joshua, clearly taken aback, "He never told me he had a girlfriend."

Everyone's eyes was on Joshua and he simply shrugged, "It never came up."