034

april 4th, 2024
10:38 am

AYOLUWA WAS POINTEDLY refusing to look to look at Joshua

Since they had entered the doctor's office, she had been on the phone, her gaze on the tiles above her.

"Can we move that meeting until next week please? I need to be home," Ayoluwa was saying into the lower end of her cell phone.

"Ayo." Joshua spoke lowly in an attempt to get her attention, "Palmer. Palmer."

Ayoluwa simply placed one hand in air without looking at him, effectively dismissing him, "Yeah, G, before is fine. I can do it tonight, if you want."

"Ayo." Joshua tried again.

Ayoluwa huffed a little as she pulled the phone away from her mouth a little, "Bro, I'm on the phone. Can't you see that? My bad, G. Can you repeat what you just said please?"

Joshua rolled his eyes and then reached over her torso to take the phone out of her grip.

"Hey!" Ayoluwa glared at him.

"She'll call you back later Gloria," Joshua spoke into the device then hung up and slid the phone into his back pocket.

"Are you crazy?" Ayoluwa sat up, her glare continuing.

"No. We need to talk." Joshua said.

"No, we don't. Give me my phone." She commanded, "Give me my phone now, Josh."

"Not yet. At least not until you hear me out."

"No. I'm tired of this, Josh." Ayoluwa attempted to grab the phone from him by sliding her arm by his waist but Joshua simply and lightly gripped her wrist.

She immediately snatched her arm from him, "Man, go bother whatever her face is. I'm not the one today."

Joshua sighed and tilted his head back, annoyed, "This is just a misunderstanding. Please let me explain."

Ayoluwa narrowed her eyes then glanced at the clock and back at him, "Fine. Talk."

Joshua took a deep breath, "So she did come over, yeah, but it was completely out of nowhere. I did not invite that girl anywhere. I haven't even seen her since you told me you were pregnant! You called me that day as I was trying to get her to leave and then she started to act all crazy and broke my phone."