041

july 10th, 2024
1:07 pm

AYOLUWA RESTED HER BODY AGAINST the door frame of her room, watching as Joshua sat in her wicker chair and stared out the window, Firefly at his feet

Even though it had been almost more than three months since he had been discharged, he had spent most of his time doing exactly this.

Staring out the window, sleeping, sitting in her backyard and generally being introspective.

Ayoluwa had figured that bringing him here to her house that had only two staircases, one outside and one inside, versus his apartment that seemingly had a million would be the better decision.

But in her hastiness to figure out what would work best for Joshua physically, she had forgotten to think about what would be best for him mentally.

Ayoluwa was worried that she was in love with a broken man and for the first time, she didn't know how to help.

Therapy hadn't boded well the first time that Ayoluwa had brought it up to Joshua and she didn't want to do anything that could possibly push him over the edge.

Ayoluwa folded her hands over her stomach, fully center stage now that she was creeping closer and closer to nine months, and sighed.

What am I doing?

Her cell phone rang in her peach and white tie dyed joggers and she glanced up at Joshua.

"I'm fine. You should take that." Joshua said, his eyes still on the window.

Ayoluwa licked her top lip faintly and stepped away to answer.

"Hello? 'G?'" Ayoluwa said once she was inside the still half finished nursery.

"Hey. I'm sorry to bother you because I know you and Josh are still trying to become reacquainted and heal and everything but this interlude needs final approval and they're not letting me check it. Can you come in?" Gloria asks.

"Um... I don't know. This isn't a good time." Ayoluwa replied.

"I know, I know. But we were already pushed the album date back and the label isn't happy. I wouldn't ask if it wasn't absolutely necessary." Gloria absorbed Ayoluwa's moment of silence, "I can ask Amy to keep him company until you get back."

Ayoluwa tucked both lips in slight annoyance, "Okay. How soon can you be here?"

"Thirty seconds. We're around the corner." Gloria said then hung up.