Chapter 7

What Inko had feared would be a lonely, isolated life for her son turned out to be more full than she could have ever imagined. Izuku seemed to make friends daily, coming home with excited exhaustion and stories upon stories to tell. 

Unsurprisingly, Izuku currently sat at the top of his class in the Police Academy. He was still working through his highschool at an absurd pace, actually ahead of schedule, leaving him more time to work on his college classes. He still always made time for Martial Arts - the dojo was essentially another family to Izuku, just like the Police Station.

Inko couldn't be more glad that they had chosen this rather unconventional lifestyle. Her baby was happy again, and he was surrounded by people who saw more than his quirklessness. And more were coming every day. It seemed that Izuku was always asking permission to help someone with something, or someone wanted to give him additional training of some sort. She's already gotten phone calls from Recovery Girl and Eraserhead separately asking for her permission for training. It seemed Recovery Girl had her heart set on training Izuku to be a field medic, while Eraserhead had only met Izuku briefly, but had been vastly impressed. He wanted to supplement Izuku's martial arts training, apparently horrified at the thought of his potential being wasted. 

She was grateful to the two beyond words, especially as they had promised to train Izuku's self-sacrificing streak out of him, whatever Tsukauchi didn't manage to. She hadn't told him about the offers yet, she wanted it to be a surprise for her boy. He deserved all of the happiness life could afford him. 

Everyone wanted a hand in helping Izuku, and it blindsided the little Midoriya family. 

"Mom," Izuku called from another room. It sounded like he was on the phone. "Gunhead wonders if I can help him train the hero students with him on Monday." 

"Aren't you leaving for Hosu on Monday?"

"This would be Monday morning, i could catch the train to Hosu right afterwards," Izuku explained. "Oh, and Detective Tsukauchi wanted me to ask you if it would be okay if I spend some of my spare time with the Hosu police. Apparently that's where the police chief that approved the provisional  program is based." 

"Is it okay with Dr. Meji?"

"He said as long as he gets in the mornings that's fine. He teaches in the afternoon, so that's when I would be with the police." 

Inko considered it for a moment. "It's fine with me as long as you promise not to burn yourself out." 

"I promise!"

"Make sure to go to bed early tonight!" Inko warned. "Your week is going to be extra busy." 

"Of course!" He mumbled something into the phone, probably telling Gunhead that he could help out, then hung up. "I'm going for a run now, Mom!" 

Running was becoming one of Izuku's favorite pastimes. It was one of the few things that could clear his head and help him begin to make sense of the madness that was his life.

He hadn't been running for long when he realized he wasn't alone. A few blocks down was a familiar-looking boy huffing and puffing much the same way he had when he had first started running. Despite the sweat running down the boy's face, however, his purple hair still managed to stand almost straight up. 

Izuku slowed, trying to place the boy - then it clicked. "You're one of the finalists from U.A. Sports Festival! Your matched were fascinating!"

The boy stopped, breathing heavily. However, he still managed supremely unimpressed. "Nice joke."