The Road Home

Hi Everybody!

Here is the next chapter in the story. Probably only three more left, maybe four :'(

Before you read the chapter, I want you all to remember that the One Shot Competition is ending this month. So on March 31st (my bdday, yay XD) competition will finish. So send in your one shots soon and remember it can be anything you want just involving Rima and your OC, have fun :D

Enjoy the chapter, I especially love the end :D

*Naruto and all the character besides Rima and the wolves belong to Masashi Kishimoto*

 *Unedited*

********************************************************************************

Rima’s p.o.v

When the ship docked in the Land of Waves, Gai-sensei had to be carried off it on a stretcher. It appeared whatever pill or adrenaline rush he’d been on, on the way to the island had worn off on the way back and he suffered heavily from seasickness. I wouldn’t say it aloud but it gave us all some peace and quiet. Well as much as you could get while being confined in a space with Naruto and the two idiot fangirls.

As it were, we were all currently making our way back to the village, my dad being forced to carry the unsteady Gai-sense who slurred some words about youth and still appeared a bit green in the face.

“You know...” Temari drawled having slowed her pace to walk along side me. Blinking from my daze I looked over to see her pursing her lips. “The Sand Village isn’t a bad place.”

“I never claimed otherwise,” I pointed out, frowning a little at her mysterious words. The others marched on ahead of us, Naruto with his hands behind his head as he kick his legs out in front of himself.

“Well, what I mean is...” She started before chewing her lip momentarily casting a dubious look towards a pink haired girl who watched us with curious eyes. “It’s better than the Leaf. We don’t have obsessive fangirls who would kill you as quick as they smile at you.”

“Lucky you,” I snorted.

“You could come with us, you know,” She blurted just then and my steps faltered. Everyone else continued on, Sakura casting us another long look as Temari came to a stop before me.

“What?”

“You could. I’ve seen the way they look at you, the way they did before the beach day. They may not show it but they’re afraid of you,” She explained softly folding her arms.

“And you’re not?” I snapped raising a brow. “Can you honestly stand before me and tell me what you saw me do, killing those people, didn’t scare you? What I almost became...”

“I’ve lived through it before,” She cut me off waving her hand towards her younger brother who silently walked beside Naruto. “Gaara, I’ve seen him in the pit of black rage.”

“I am not like Gaara. I am not a Jinchuuriki.”

“And you’re not a monster either,” She shot back frowning when I looked away, kicking a pebble. “Rima, you’re twelve, and from what I’ve been told and researched, been through some shitty stuff.”

“Your point?” I snapped scowling at the older girl now as I crossed my arms.

“My point is right now you don’t need to deal with petty girls and their crap. You need a time away from all of them and more than that you need to be happy...and,” She trailed off her face scrunching up slightly as she muttered awkwardly “...and I think you’re happy with my brother.”