Lord Hokage, I promise.

Hey all! Here is the next chapter of the story! I'm so sorry it's late but school is really kicking my ass this year...

A little heads up, the next update won't be for two weeks because I have mid-terms in a week and really need to study hard for them.

This isn't edited so expect some mistakes..

Comment,

Vote,

ENJOY!!!

******************************************************************************************************************

Rima’s P.O.V

Leaning against the fence I waited.

Silence, the street was still, not a soul to be seen or heard. Silence, just me and my nagging thoughts, my burning rage and my desire to hunt. Silence, save for the beating of my heart, the blurring of my vision and the weakness in my limbs. Silence, the air was quiet, the animals gone as if every being, every creature knew what was happening, what had transpired. As if they were all grieving, grieving for our Third Hokage.

I fingered the edge of my black skirt, noting the trembling in my hand. I scoffed at it and whirled, slamming my clenched fist into the wood splintering it. Pain overcame the silence, momentarily quietened my mind focusing my thoughts on my throbbing knuckles. But soon it would wear off and I would have to face my thoughts and my naive emotions again.

“Rima.”

A gentle hand took my wrist in theirs and turned me to face them. I frowned up at the Uchiha, seeing his emotionless eyes gazing back at me. They dropped to look over my aching hand and I sniffled.

“I’m fine,” I croaked taking my hand from his grasp and hiding it in my pocket.

“That’s a lie,” he responded but didn’t press me and for that I was grateful.

“Come on, let’s go,” Sakura said softly joining us with Naruto in tow. We left, walking side by side in silence.

Silence. I was beginning to loathe that word, that meaning. I didn’t like the stillness. It was as if there was something waiting to happening, as if what had taken place was only the beginning and the full storm was yet to hit us. I wasn’t one to sit around and wait. I wanted action, I wanted vengeance. I wanted Orochimaru’s head on a platter with Kabuto’s on a stake.

We ascended the stairs to the place where the memorial would take place and fell into line. Standing next to Sasuke, I stiffened seeing the images of all those who died staring back at me. With a deep breath, the dam broke free and silent tears streamed down my face. I may not have known them, but they died for a pointless cause and in cold blood and for that I would see to it that their killers would pay.

That Orochimaru would pay for taking a great man, the Hokage, from us. From this weakening village that so desperately needed the hope and safety his presence provided, from his weeping grandson next to me and from the hyperactive Blob who was trying to be strong but I knew was hurting badly on the inside.

The Truth Behind The Lies {Naruto Fan-Fiction}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें