The Truth Behind The Lies {Naruto Fan-Fiction}

Hey Everyone!

So this is my first ever Naruto Fan-Fic! :D

I hope you all like it! :)

Just to let you all know, I will be following the plot of the series but I won't be following it word for word, ya know? I might change things here and there as I see fit.

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, I only own my character(s).

Anyway,

Vote,

Comment,

Fan If you wish,

Enjoy!

**********************************************************

Chapter 1 – The summons

Rocks and dirt flew into the air as the earth was smashed. Whirling, I flung three shuriken at my attacker and flipped backwards.

My opponent blurred and appeared before me, fist raised to land a punch. I dropped to the ground and lashed out, taking the feet out from underneath them.

The vaulted backwards, their foot catching me under the chin. I sailed through the air and crashed to the ground.

They stabbed down and destroyed the earth clone I’d made, but they’d given me enough time to appear behind them and pierce their heart with a lightning spear.

My opponent, a shadow clone, puffed away.

I panted and leaned against one of the four training posts that decorated the semi-destroyed training ground.

I inhaled deeply and spun, slamming my fist into the hard wood. My knuckles cracked with the force and blood seeped from my split skin. I repeated the move again and again.

I heard them before I saw them, nagging and snapping at one another like usually. Sometimes Omoi just doesn’t know when to shut it and as for Karui, well she needed to take a chill pill...or a few dozen.

I sighed and delivered one last swift punch to the training post before turning and catching the kunai out of the air before it could carve my eye out.

I raised an eyebrow at the pair, twirling the kunai as they eyed my bloody hands.

“What was the point of that?” I inquired.

“Testing your skills,” the red haired ninja, Karui, replied.

“But what if she didn’t catch it, you would have taken out her eye and possibly have killed her and then-,” Omoi began.

Karui growled and smacked him over the head. “Shut up!”

“Really Omoi, haven’t you learned by now? You need an off switch,” I noted strolling over to them.

Omoi was rubbing his white hair and muttering something, his ever present lollypop stuck in his mouth. Karui snatched the kunai off me and shoved it back in her pouch.

“Someone’s in a bad mood today,” I mumbled.

“The Lord Raikage wants to see you,” she replied stiffly before storming off.

“What’s up with her?” I wondered.

Omoi shrugged, “Time of month?”

                                                                 **M**

I padded down the empty hallway, pausing before the door to the Raikage’s office. Standing here, I was overwhelmed by the same feelings I had when I first arrived nearly seven years ago. Uncertainty, nervousness, dread and over all, fear. Fear of what was to come, fear of the unknown.