In the Jungle

Here is the next chapter you guys! Sorry, it's not the greatest. You're all probably sick of the pups singing....if so then sorry :( Tell me and I'll put a stop to it, I just needed something to work with :)

Anyway,

Comment,

Vote,

ENJOY

*************************************************************

Rima’s p.o.v

The days in the month passed quickly and I spent most of them with a certain red haired genin. I really liked spending time with Gaara, I didn’t have to go out of my way to talk to him. He liked to walk in silence just content in my presence as I was in his. We’d gotten a lot closer to one and other, much to my father’s displeasure. Anytime he saw Gaara, he would mutter nonsense about unworthy boys and how they would never be good enough for me...blah blah blah. I always retaliated by racing away from him and into Gaara’s arms. I was such a good daughter.

“My light in darkness breathing hope and new life,” I sung softly to myself as I gazed up at the stars from where I sat on the roof of my house.

There was something strange to the night, a stillness that didn’t set well within me. It was odd, forced somehow, like the calm before the storm, the tension before the kill.

I shivered as a cold breeze wafted past and frowned to myself. Sleep had evaded me tonight when I’d tried to rest, a part of me was restless and I didn’t know why. I was on edge, expecting an attack but none ever came. Why was that?

“You might as well come out and join me rather than being a stalker,” I muttered as the presence that had been with me since I sat down stubbornly remained.

Gaara moved, the sand shifting as he approached and sat next to me. It was weird. I could feel him, even when he was hiding his chakra, like now, I knew he was there. Was that a side effect of his sand in me? Was his sand even in me? What the hell happened?

“Why aren’t you resting?” I asked. “You final exam is tomorrow.”

“I don’t sleep,” was the only reply I got.

“Really? I need it,” I muttered.

“Then why aren’t you?”

“Because something won’t let me,” I sighed. “My senses are telling me something is wrong and I’m on edge for some reason.”

“What is it?” he asked quietly. “Me?”

I chuckled and tilted my head, moving so I rested on my elbows and looked at his sharp profile. “If it was you, then I’d have kicked your butt and forced you off.”

He didn’t answer that just sat stiffly as his sand oozed from his gourd and sprinkled along the roof, seeming to dance as it made its way over to me. The sand tickled as it slithered across my bare arm and I stifled a giggle.