The First Attack

Hey! Sorry for taking so long to upload!

This isn't edited so expect grammar mistakes and what not.

Comment,

Vote,

Enjoy!!

********************************************************************************************************

Rima

The cold water brushed against my skin, yet stubbornly the blood remained. It stained my pale complexion, drawing attention to the marks that marred my face. Scowling to my reflection, I fixated on my eyes. They looked wrong but in a way they looked right also. It was strange but there was a part of me that thought my eyes should have been a darker colour.

Scrubbing my cheeks raw and making them shine red, I finally got the blood off of me. Splashing more water onto my face, I ran my hands through my hair, shoving the long black strands away from my face.

Soon, the moon would be high in the sky soon and then, the fun would truly begin. Straightening, I pushed out of the bathroom and shook my trench coat from my shoulders, letting it fall to the floor as I entered my room.

My eyes took in the small room and immediately took in the forms of my pups. Both Shadow and Dawn had propped their front paws up on the window sill and stared out at the rising sky.  Their lips were curled up, showing their eagerness to howl at the sky. Yet they remained silent. We could not ruin this, we could not break her orders.

A light rap sounded on my door and we all tensed. Plastering a fake smile on my lips, I eased the door open and gazed intently at the figure before me.

“Uh…R-Rima,” the girl with pupilless eyes stuttered. Tilting my head, I frowned at her. “A-Are you a-alright?”

“Yes,” I bit out. She flinched at my harsh tone.

“O…ok,” she whispered breaking her fingers against each other. “I…”

“Why are you stuttering like a fool?” I snapped and she cringed back, evening taking a step away from me.

The wounded and scared expression that flowed over her gentle features caused something in my chest to twinge. What was this feeling? I wondered as the girl before me hastily turned on her heel and vanished, not before I spotted her eyes watering.

For some strange reason, I felt like running after her and apologising. I didn’t like that feeling! Why would I feel like that for a ninja who came here with the intention of harming my Alpha!?

Slamming my door shut, I spun and pressed my back against it, pressing my head into my palm. I groaned as the image of her upset face remained lodged in my head and suddenly there was a boost of pain shooting between the backs of my eyelids. My groan turned into a low cry as I crumbled to my knees, my hands cradling my head as I shook with the pain radiating from my forehead.

“Why is it you can speak perfectly fine with me yet you stammer around everyone else?” I questioned.

“I feel safe around you,” she muttered to the ground, not looking at me as she fidgeted, pressing the tips of her fingers together.

The memory shot through the invisible barriers surrounding my mind. Gasping, my nails dug into my skin once again. I fought against the emotions that accompanied the memory. Who was she? Why was this happening? How did I know her?