The End of the Second Exam

Rima’s p.o.v

Sasuke and I headed back to the others while keeping a rather large distance between us. I still couldn’t get over the fact that my father read that...that, ugh I didn’t know what to call what was in that book but it sure as hell wasn’t literature.

It was just as well we did too. As we rounded the rock I spotted Grey Hair, what was his name? Next to them with his hand holding Naruto’s, preventing him from opening the scroll.

I held back as Sasuke hurried forward to them and waited in case this was a trap. I didn’t trust four eyes.

Why is the Blob in his underwear? I turned away from him and snatched a waddling Dawn by the scruff of her neck. She yowled and clawed at me as I caught Shadow as well and unceremoniously dumped them into the stream.

“Sober up,” I ordered pushing them back in when they tried to get out. I didn’t listen to the chit chat my team was having with poindexter over there. My eyes kept flickering around searching for something that wasn’t there.

Something hit my thigh and I glanced down to see my hand trembling badly. I held it up and frowned. This wasn’t like me. I wasn’t the type to get nervous with a threat looming in. I’d handle enough missions to be totally detached and cold during them. So why was I trembling now?

Was Orochimaru that much of a threat that I was beginning to feel my fear sink in now? Was the Hokage right to assume I was in danger?

I shook my head and glanced over at Sasuke. No, it’s not me he wants.

“You two done?” I asked the pups as they flopped onto the rock next to me.

“Why are you so cruel?” Dawn wondered.

“Because it’s who I am,” I muttered eyeing the trees across the river. I could feel someone watching us. Anbu, maybe?

Shadow stood and shook the water off, I didn’t flinch as it fell on me. I didn’t move at all. My whole body felt attuned to something I couldn’t see. I could feel an underlying current of bloodlust flowing through the air.

It was coming for deep within the forest close to the -

“Hold on,” Sasuke’s voice cut through my concentration and I turned with a growl to see him facing what’s-his-face. “I’ll fight you for it.”

Oh for-, I cut off my thought with a sharp shake of my head and stormed over with my pups following. This was just a waste of time.

“You’ll fight me for it?” Four eyes repeated.

“Isn’t that what he just said? Aren’t you supposed to be smart? God-” Sakura flicked my ear stopping me from saying anything else and I frowned at her.

“Hold on a second, is this a joke or what?” Naruto asked.